+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Facer 1.9

Facer 1.9

I am looking into buying Facer v1.9 for my 7135. Does anyone have any feedback on this product or similar products. I am looking for something with the "today page" format. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Larry
    XV6900/Treo700w/Samsung I600/Kyo7135

I used 1.8 for a while. I had no issues and it seemed to work just fine.

I used Facer 1.8 without any problems. However, when I tried to install 1.9, I began getting fatal exceptions. I eventually had to do a hard reset and restore with Backup Buddy.

I noticed that 1.9 only has 1 .prc file for OS 4; there is not a "low res" .prc for OS4 as there was with 1.8. Maybe it was accidentally omitted.

Jeff

I had no problems with 1.8 I tried to upgrade to 1.9 and it won't work and I am soooo P.O.ed right I wanna throw the phone
    Welcome my son............Welcome to the macine

I finally discovered that you have to delete 1.8 with the Palm launcher, not with a 3d party file app. Install the OS 4 prc file and that should do it.

I see very little difference with 1.9.

Jeff

Originally posted by jt999
    I finally discovered that you have to delete 1.8 with the Palm launcher, not with a 3d party file app. Install the OS 4 prc file and that should do it.

I see very little difference with 1.9.

Jeff
    You'll find this is true with many apps. Just deleting the apps with a file manager doesn't remove all the associated files and registry entries. So to completely remove a particular app especially the more complicated ones you should "delete" from the native launcher.
    mg