+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alarm Clock

Alarm Clock

OK, had the phone for 11 days and been reading here for a few.
    I have a lot to talk about but figured I'd get my feet wet with a simple one.
    What's everyone using for an alarm clock?
    I like to listen to mp3's and need something that will work with bebopper (Bebopper rules! I was on the verge of returning my phone 'til I found that)

I have used Big Clock for years but it wont interupt mp3's with it's alarm.

The one built in to bebopper just doesn't have enough funtion to use. I need specific sounds not just start playing.

Anyway, Greetings to all the fine people of this group and thanks in advance for advice on a good alarm clock

-=Ed=-

I'm not familiar with Big Clock or Bebopper. What are they?

Also, I haven't found a basic alarm clock feature either. I don't want to have to set up a reminder or event in the calendar. I just want to wake up on time tomorrow morning!

Any ideas on how to do that?

Thanks!

Welcome UziDoesIt and ETGrant69 to the forum and land of the 7135! Beebopper is a third party MP3 player that was written by a member of this forum. Far superiour to the built in player, I highly recommend it. here's the link:
    www.belltools.com
    Big clock is a freeware clock, alarm, timer. I've had this one since the days of my HS visor. search for it at www.freewarepalm.com and other places.
    mg

Please be careful. BigClock does not play nice with the 7135, in my experience and the experience of others here. Also, there is no continuing support for it any longer, I don't think. Its last update on Palmgear was 6/17/2001.

sj

BigClock seems to work fine on my 7135, but YMMV.
    Michael

Good point RedEye. I've been running Big clock on mine without issues. But I use it for the clock display, timer and stopwatch functions. I don't use it much for the alarms. Seems to me a lot of problems people have been having with 3rd party apps and alarms on the 7135 (datebk5 alarms come to mind). Perhaps it is due to the phone/clock integration as it get its time from the cell phone, but I'm just conjecturing.
    YMMV
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

I use BigClock as my only bedside alarm clock. I've never had any instability with it. I like it because I can set different times for different days. The only issue is that if I have my phone in silent mode, BigClock does nothing but flash the display. I wish it would buzz the buzzer...

-Andrew

I'm partial to maClock. It has 3 alarm clocks, a stopwatch function, displays two time-zones simultaneously and shows the daylight-nighttime mapping in a very attractive display. I use maClock as my bedside alarm every night and it works flawlessly.

If you want to take a look at maClock, point your browser to:

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/pilotgearsw/macclock.html
    Dave

Alarm Clock

I have been using ClockPro (www.mapletop.com) and it works well with the 7135. I was having problems with BigClock, so I changed. To register ClockPro, it is $10.

I asked the same Q.....

I asked the same Question here were the replys:

http://ww2.e-places.net/~admin23/vbu...?threadid=8533

BTW-I use Big Clock - mostly happy with it....
    I needed an Alarm app,count down timer & stop watch.

TL

Thanks!!

I just downloaded 9.95 Clock v.3.2 from www.995soft.com. They say it's based on Big Clock and it looks and functions very much the same, but without any conflicts so far. (Knock on wood)

Cocked, Locked & Loaded RedDog205's Avatar
    Originally posted by The Larch
    I just downloaded 9.95 Clock v.3.2 from www.995soft.com. They say it's based on Big Clock and it looks and functions very much the same, but without any conflicts so far. (Knock on wood)
    It's freeware BigClock you pay $9.95 for, hence the name.
    Nothing is idiot proof. There's always a smarter Idiot.
    http://www.danasoft.com/sig/reddog205.jpg

Cocked, Locked & Loaded RedDog205's Avatar
    I use AirClock. It will turn on your TV, Stereo or whatever IR device you have in addition to the normal alarm fuctions. I also use DeskClock which works well in the cradle. I have had zero problems with either of these.
    Nothing is idiot proof. There's always a smarter Idiot.
    http://www.danasoft.com/sig/reddog205.jpg

Thank you to everyone the replied but I'm affraid I didn't make my point clear.

My problem is with using an alarm while listening to mp3's.

Nothing I have found yet will interupt bebopper to play the alarm sound in my headphones.

Perhaps this is a shortcoming of bebopper but if it is, it's the only one I can find and one I am willing to live with for all the other advantages.

Thanks again
    -=Ed=-

Originally posted by RedDog205
    It's freeware BigClock you pay $9.95 for, hence the name.
    Hmmm, . . . no wonder it looked so familiar! It has a better look to it, though. Could this still be an improvement over the freeware BigClock? Or am I just $10 lighter in the long run?

Oh, and the alarm worked while listening to Bebopper, by the way.

ClockPro

I paid my 10 bucks and downloaded clockPro, installed and It works great. They e-mailed me a reg code, however, I can't find where to enter it. I've checked the help etc.
    Can anyone tell me how to reg to get rid of the opening Why Register? page.
    Thanks
    Glenn

ClockPro

To register ClockPro:
    Menu - Help - About - Register Button at the bottom - Key in your Code - OK Button:alieneyes :alieneyes

ClockPro

Thanks, It worked. I keep forgetting about the lower left of the screen being the menu
    Glenn

Mac OS X user
    After trying out a bunch of clock apps, I bought MegaClock. Granted, it's pretty big, but it's smaller than WorldMate which I was using for world/city times but didn't have as-flexible alarms. MegaClock also does moon phases so I ditched MoonPhase too. Hence, I'm actually using up less memory now than before.
    - Paul