+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    EMN

Fitaly Stamp for 7135 This Month

I just received notice from the people at FitalyStamp that they expect to have it available for the 7135 later this month. FitalyStamp works sort of like Millikeys ... it's a software package and an overlay for the graffiti area of the unit that allows you to enter characters much more quickly than with graffiti. I loved it on my old Palm Vx and have missed it on the 7135. I'm pretty good with graffiti, but my accuracy and speed went up with the FS.

Their website is at www.fitaly.com. The one thing I'm encouraging them to do is to make the 7135 stamp available in grey and white or in dark blue and white ... the stamps seem to be in green and white for all other models. Yeah, I know: picky, picky.

Dang it! Now I don't know which one to go with, "MessageEase" or "Fitaly Stamp for 7135"!

Both look really good.

Grrrrrrrr.:BigKnife:
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

EMN
    Suddenly we have choices. I don't know much about MessagEase; I looked at it once and it seemed to have such a high learning curve I didn't want to mess with it. Then again, I'm slower than some. I don't know if you've used Fitaly, but I found it really easy to pick up when I used it before.

On the down side, they've told me the dark green color will remain, and that'll probably make a pretty classy looking phone look a bit garish. (Yeah, I'm harping on that, hoping a bunch of people will email them and tell 'em to make it in dark blue or grey.)

The new stamps are supposed to be in next week.

Originally posted by Markito
    Dang it! Now I don't know which one to go with, "MessageEase" or "Fitaly Stamp for 7135"!
    Both look really good.
    So you *must* have both and tried them both right?:p or are you some imposter. I can only imagine that you are anguishing over which stamp to use today...:alieneyes
    -Quick

You know me too well.
    Today I am going to order FitalyStamp and I haven't even received my two MessagEase stamps in the mail yet.

I need help.

Well at least no one can accuse me of not trying to boost the economy on a daily basis.:angel
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

You're not the only one!

Markito,

For me, part of the fun of my 7135 is the constant upgrading, tweaking and improving. I'm the same as you. I've used MessagEase for several months and enjoy it -- but I, too, ordered the Fitaly stamp today. The way my twisted 7135-mind works is this: how will I know if it is better if I don't try it?

Barbara

FitalyStamp for the Kyocera 7135

Originally posted by EMN
    Their website is at www.fitaly.com. The one thing I'm encouraging them to do is to make the 7135 stamp available in grey and white or in dark blue and white ... the stamps seem to be in green and white for all other models. Yeah, I know: picky, picky. [/B]
    Here is the url for the announcement, with pictures:
    http://fitaly.com/board/palmfitaly/posts/4157.html

Grey would be cheaper to produce but colors have been shown to reduce the time to identify different parts. So we use a five-color design with black, silver, bordeau, yellow, and dark green. Actually the green matches EXACTLY the color of the green phone button.
    Jean Ichbiah
    Textware Solutions
    www.fitaly.com

just went from 7135 to 6315.

fitaly or MessageEase ?

Markito,

Try them both and see what you like. I have tried both.

With fitaly, i liked tapping out letters, but i never did well with the sliding numbers. I use numbers a lot, so i really like ME for that. For some reason the sliding on ME is easier for me, and the stylus stays in a closer area for tapping/slinding letters.

fitaly3 comes with a launcher for those that don't already have one. I do, so it's not a selling point for me. I am starting to take advantage of the text storing capabilities of ME. You can assign very large blocks of text if you need to. And lots of 'em.

I thought fitaly was a good product, but i got tired of waiting for it to come out for the 7135. And the workaround clie stamp didn't work well for me. That's when i found MEStamp.

Another thing to check is for an onscreen keyboard. The ME onscreen keyboard is great. Typing in the dark is no problem.
    Last i heard, fitlay didn't have an oscreen keyboard for color screens. That is somthing to check on. You might not like having to use a qwerty onscreen after being used to speedy taps. See if they have added an onscreen fitaly keyboard.

They both have games to help increase speed.

I tried fitaly on my 6035 and really liked it. But when it took so long to get 7135 support, i ended up finding ME through this site, and I'm personally sold on it. They're both good products, so good luck.

If there are any new features, Jean will be able to point them out.

Or why not just use Millikeys? It doesn't have an onscreen keyboard, but I use Newpen for onscreen graffitti if I can't see the overlay in the dark or something.

Another vote for Millikeys!

I love it. I use the 5 line layout which has the numbers on the top row.

I would think one could clone the Fitaly stamp in Millikeys... Millikeys is free...

Re: FitalyStamp for the Kyocera 7135

Originally posted by Jean Ichbiah

Grey would be cheaper to produce but colors have been shown to reduce the time to identify different parts. So we use a five-color design with black, silver, bordeau, yellow, and dark green. Actually the green matches EXACTLY the color of the green phone button.
    Wow, Jean, we are honored to have you here.
    Thank you so much for creating a 7135 version of FitalyStamp!
    As you will soon find, we are anxious to support those companies that make products for our beloved 7135.
    Stick around, we're glad you're here.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Is there a limited time Demo of the 7135 version?

This looks great -- I'll be ordering one.

One question, though (for you or anyone else who has used a Grafitti overlay)... wouldn't this make it impossible to perform digitizer calibration after a reset, since the "calibration dots" in the corners of the Grafitti area would be obscured? (And as far as I can tell, neither this Fitaly Stamp overlay or any of the others duplicates those marks on the sticker itself.)

Good question- I can tell you the definite answer for MessageEase-- it doesn't matter. After a hard reset, just tap approximately where you know they are to get past those screens. Then recalibrate MEST if needed. I had an unanticipated hard reset yesterday (why I always use JBBackup- restored in about a minutes), and I just realized that I never even had to recalibrate MEST.

A few answers

A few answers:

We'll have a demo in the coming days. The pdf demo file is already on the site:
    http://www.textware.com/fitalystamp3...italystamp.pdf

The software itself had to be modified and the demo will include a pdb file giving the column positions for the Kyocera 7135. (We decided to use this technique to be prepared in case a new model arose with slightly different column positions.)

The calibration question has an easy answer: Print the pdf file on transparent overlay and use it to mark the calibration spots in red. Later on, you can use this as a calibration template.
    Jean Ichbiah
    Textware Solutions
    www.fitaly.com

I am very excited for my FitalyStamp to arrive. In looking at the website, I think that it will be less of a learning curve than MessagEase. Also, the colors don't bother me, I think they are the same colors as the SilkyBoard that was on my 6035 a year ago. I am also buying FitalyStamp for my wife, Mom & Dad.

And besides, I think it is important for us to support the companies that create products specifically for our 7135's... versus MessagEase that doesn't have a specific "Kyocera" stamp.
    The more we support them, the more they will keep customizing for us.

Bring it on baby!
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Originally posted by Markito
    I think that it will be less of a learning curve than MessagEase.
    Chicken!!! :naughty
    Dave

db
    i previously used fitalystamp on my palm Vx. tried millikeys and messagease since fitaly told me they had no plans for the 7135 in the near future. i'll be sticking with messagease, i think.

i'll echo advantages of messagease noted above: on-screen keyboard for nite-time entry, easy calibration, good support, printable stamps.

one additional advantage for me is the larger squares of messagease, which is easier for my failing eyes. i can also input while i'm walking around, in the car (as a passenger of course), and anywhere there's a bit of motion, while i had to completely stop to input in fitaly.

the learning curve for me was about the same with messagease and fitaly. millikeys is free and if i wasn't already into messagease, i would probably try out the silkyboard-type layout the millikeys came up with recently.

-db

Started shipping today -- Demo available

We are pleased to announce that FitalyStamp3 for the Kyocera 7135 started shipping today -- some of you may even receive it as early as tomorrow, this coming Saturday.

You will see that the final stamps are of very high quality and fit exactly the Graffiti area. FitalyStamps are printed on a polyester film and are overlaminated with a 1-mil polyester to protect the print from scratches. They are undercoated with a removable adhesive, which allows them to be removed without damaging the glass surface of the device. Stamps are printed in five colors and the silver tones are a good match for the Kyocera.

I found the final product to be even more precise than the paper prototypes we had used until now: The polyester film is more elastic and this allows smooth taps. In addition, the film makes sliding quite precise and effective. I found that I could tap at my usual speed on the Kyocera 7135 FitalyStamp. Maybe we'll have to change our slogan from "50 words per minute on your Palm" to "50 words per minute on your phone"

We also posted the demo software on www.fitaly.com The demo includes pdf files allowing you to try it before getting the real stamps.

Jean Ichbiah

Here is the link to the demo:
    http://fitaly.com/fitalystamp3/fitalystamp3phone.exe
    Jean Ichbiah
    Textware Solutions
    www.fitaly.com

Very cool Jean! I can't wait to check them out. I should be getting mine soon, if not tomorrow (Saturday). I will give it a run and review it here once I get it up and running.

Thanks for the heads up and speedy delivery for us.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator