+ Reply to Thread

use 6035 and 7135 on same computer

Has anyone tried to keep their old 6035 and 7135 on the same computer?? (For example...you upgrade to a 7135 and give your wife your old 6035?) Any ideas on if this is possible or how it would be done?

I just got my 7135 delivered yesterday (and have not synced it yet, because I don't want to completely get rid of my old 6035).

Thanks!!!
    candleman

make a new user and the software will keep the rest seperated

DRC
    I did this (my wife has my old 6035). We did a hard reset of it (since she was moving up from a Palm 3) and she got all her old info. I just synced the 7135 with my name (after deleting the network prefs on the pc, not sure how necessary this is) and I was up with everything, too.

You can easily move info from one to the other in the app on the PC, then sync again after. Or you can just hard reset the 6035 (to create a new user) and then copy the whole user tree from your user to hers. Good luck
    DRC

don't have your 6035 and 7135 under the same users! you will just cause problems. there is software that is only made for the 7135 and vise versa

DRC
    Of course, that is correct. Rereading my post, I didn't make that clear. We have two phones, with different user ids.
    DRC

I had to do a hard reset

The 6035 retained my original user name and would not synch to another name in the palm desktop. The only thing that worked was doing a hard reset and creating a new user. If you want your old address book, etc. Open the old user in account in the palm desktop and export it.
    Sue

*It's not just a phone, it's an adventure.