+ Reply to Thread

Color Changes After flip close and open

I just got my phone's firmware version upgraded. My least favorite bug is still there.

If I do a soft reset and then go to the launcher, the colors are great. If I start an application lke spider, the cards are really pretty.

If I close the flip and then reopen it, I still have color but it is not at all as vivid as it was before. Is it just my phone or is this a known bug that everyone just accepts?

Thanks,
    Thank you,
    pedz

Sounds like you've found the dreaded contrast bug. In another thread, someone suggested setting the contrast with the up/down buttons instead of using the stylus and surprisingly this has fixed it for me........
    Here, have a clue. No, take two, they're small.....

Contract problem still GONE!

Contrast problem is GONE!

Reference my 1st thread...

http://ww2.e-places.net/~admin23/vbu...&threadid=8996

YMMV

TL

Never involved in a flame war! sputnik's Avatar
    My "favorite" bug is when I switch to the phone application from a highly-colorized app like Aargon or Bookworm. The phone app becomes an awful shade of purple...almost a lavender. I'm sure I can't be the only one who digs the purple phone?

_______
    Spu|nik VZW Kyo 7135 / VZW XV6600 / Sprint Mogul / Sprint Touch Pro / Sprint Touch Pro 2 / Apple iPhone 4 / ???

Thanks

Thanks everyone. I had heard of the contrast bug but thought it was sometihng completely different.
    Thank you,
    pedz

THIS is the dreaded contrast bug?!
    This is what all the fuss is about?!

my take on whats happening is that the colormap is stuck in the mode that said 'highly-colorized' app is using, and certain apps that we switch to after using said app do not properly reconfigure (reset?) their colormap...

If this is indeed THE contrast bug, then why do the actual colors change?

mike

I don't think that's the contrast bug if is changing the actual color. I used to have the contrast bug quite often is seems to have stopped. When I was having the problem it wouldn't change the color it would act as if I took the contrast and adjusted the slide bar to min. the color would not change just look washed out. sometimes I could just hit the backlight button twice and it would go back to normal