+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wife left 7135 in the rain....

Hey everyone,
    I know it's been a while since I've posted on the board, but I've been trolling here and there. Kinda weird to see these new colors (SPS had better). Anyway, my wife borrowed my 7135 and left it in the center console of her truck with the sunroof open. At some point during the day a torrential down pour occured for about an hour, completly flooding the inside of the truck. My phone and a few other pieces of electronics (kids gameboy, leapster, etc.....) all got ruined. I was wondering if anyone knew if Asurion is replacing the 7135 now that the battery recall is going on? If not, what is their idea of a comparable replacement?

Thanks,
    Byrd Dog
    Last edited by Byrd Dog; 01-20-2004 at 01:50 AM.
    You should be 10% smarter than the equipment you operate. For some of you, the 7135 is not the best choice of equipment.

Re: Wife left 7135 in the rain....

Originally posted by Byrd Dog
    If not, what is their idea of a comparable replacement?
    For the phone..... or for your wife?

I thought she had her own 7135......... or did she ruin that one too?

Sorry... can't help with the specific question. Hopefully somebody can
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Re: Re: Wife left 7135 in the rain....

Originally posted by Robert K.

"...take my wife, please..." LoL, Robert you crack me up somtimes. . .

I'd give assurion a call. But I recall reading a few posts were people were able to get there phones replaced through their insurance during this battery hiatus (sp?).
    mg

Re: Re: Re: Wife left 7135 in the rain....

Originally posted by MGuzzy
    I'd give assurion a call. But I recall reading a few posts were people were able to get there phones replaced through their insurance during this battery hiatus (sp?).
    mg
    My wife left me out in the rain a couple of times... fortunately I wasn't wearing my 7135 at the time.

Makes sense that Assurion may well have their own stock of replacement phones. Otherwise I would think it difficult to provide 3 day replacement service. Call them, see if you can assertain if they have them in stock for sure before filing a claim. My opinion is that there isn't anything "comparable" at the moment and I'd rather wait until they had them back in stock.

Nightmare situation: "I'm sorry sir, but since you've called and identified yourself you will *have* to take a comparable replacement at this time. We're sending you a very nice, small screened, candybar style, PPC phone with no SD slot. Have a nice day.

-Quick

Moderator ALERT: Does anyone find it annoying that this board attempts to download "Avenue A, Inc." to your PC every now and again? One other time I caught it trying to download something else that is a bit more aggressive. Is there a way to turn that crap off for the 7135 forum if not globally?

I just got my phone replaced through Verizon. Go to Customer Service, then Tech support, then ask whomever answers the phone that you need "the Data support group". I was able to get an advance replacement on my phone (last week). They do ask if the phone has been in contact with water.... I don't know what they would have done if I had said Yes.

Good luck.

Originally posted by Walcwlr
    I just got my phone replaced through Verizon. Go to Customer Service, then Tech support, then ask whomever answers the phone that you need "the Data support group". I was able to get an advance replacement on my phone (last week). They do ask if the phone has been in contact with water.... I don't know what they would have done if I had said Yes.
    It sounds like your replacement was due to a defective phone. Byrd Dog's case is a damage/loss situation covered by insurance (if you have it). VZW only handles warrantee situations.

-Quick

My phone insurance specifically excludes water damage.

Originally posted by jazmaan
    My phone insurance specifically excludes water damage.
    Say it ain't so... What insurance do you have? (I hope it's not the standard Assurion/LockLine). In my case theft and/or lost is low probability. Probably dropping it is most likely. Dropping it into water is less likely than it landing on the floor/pavement/etc. but maybe a close second in killing it since I would expect it to survive many sorts of (dry) drops.

-Quick

Re: Re: Wife left 7135 in the rain....

Originally posted by Robert K.

Robert you are correct, she does have her own phone. However, she "Misplaced it" for about 4 days and when she found it, the battery was dead and she had lost all memory. I didn't have time to do the recovery from her backup. She asked if she could take my phone for the morning, I was asleep, it was a saturday, wasn't thinking propery and I said yes. I can assure you I will be more careful next time.

Byrd Dog
    Last edited by Byrd Dog; 01-20-2004 at 04:54 PM.
    You should be 10% smarter than the equipment you operate. For some of you, the 7135 is not the best choice of equipment.

Re: Re: Re: Wife left 7135 in the rain....

I can assure you I will be more careful next time.

Byrd Dog
    I would hope so!

Let me see if I have this straight. She THREW her first one and damaged it. She "misplaced" hers... and then she ruined yours? Sounds like the 3 Strike rule should be in effect
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

I know, I know.... PPS (Phone Protective Services) should have been called on her a long time ago. I just got off the phone with Asurion and it's gonna cost me another $50 to get it replaced. But.... I get a brand new phone, not refurb (my phone had a few love scratches on it), a new battery, and a new cradle ($50 by itself). Plus, I get to keep my old cradle and stuff. Add that to the first replacement we recieved for my wife's phone and we have 4 cradles, 2 for work, and 2 for home. And I don't know if I've mentioned this before; ASURION IS A GOD SEND. 5 minutes to file a claim and less than 24 hours to receive new phone.... Love em..

Byrd Dog

I know, I know.... PPS (Phone Protective Services) should have been called on her a long time ago. I just got off the phone with Asurion and it's gonna cost me another $50 to get it replaced.
    I'm sure you know but I believe Asurion will only replace a phone 2 times. I'm not sure if they shoot you or just cancel your insurance after that. I've never seen this to be a problem but your family appears to be special...

I've wondered if the 2 replacement limit resets when you buy a new phone and VZW automatically carries your insurance over to it ?

-Quick

is Asurion the company that handles the insurance Verizon is charging me $5 a month for?

Originally posted by Walcwlr
    is Asurion the company that handles the insurance Verizon is charging me $5 a month for?
    Don't know about you, but that's the company Verizon sending my money to....

Got my new 7135 in mail....

I got my new phone this morning around 9 am... Approximately 16 hours after I filed my claim.. I have three 7135's sitting here in front of me now, two of the "Old revisions" and one "New revision". The new phone has a larger antenna nub that sits atop the antenna, rather annoying. It's about twice as long as the original antenna nub. The model number of the new phone is KWC7135I-B and the battery is CV90-K2002-05. The antenna is the only noticeable difference over my other two phones. I have meticulously gone over all the buttons and they are all exactly the same as they were on old ones. It did ship with the 44/29 software which has Graffiti 2 installed. I can't think of anything else worth mentioning.

Byrd Dog
    Last edited by Byrd Dog; 01-21-2004 at 01:00 PM.

Re: Got my new 7135 in mail....

I got my new phone this morning around 9 am... Approximately 16 hours after I filed my claim.. I have three 7135's sitting here in front of me now, two of the "Old revisions" and one "New revision". The new phone has a larger antenna nub that sits atop the antenna, rather annoying. It's about twice as long as the original antenna nub. The model number of the new phone is KWC7135I-B and the battery is CV90-K2002-05. The antenna is the only noticeable difference over my other two phones. I have meticulously gone over all the buttons and they are all exactly the same as they were on old ones. It did ship with the 44/29 though which has Graffiti 2 installed. I can't think of anything else worth mentioning.

Byrd Dog
    Byrd Dog, if you are not aware of this, MANY users have reported that the cellular signal strength is worse with the new antenna. You may want to transfer an original antenna from one of your many unusable phones to the new one.
    Dave

And you got the recalled battery??? Go figure.
    My sordid past:

Kyocera 6035, Kyocera 7135, Samsung i700, iPAQ 6315, iPAQ hx4705, Motorola a630, BB 7100t, iPAQ rx3115, JAM 850, BB 8700g, Samsung i320 (just for fun), imate KJAM, TMO SDA, MDA, TMO Wing

Re: Re: Got my new 7135 in mail....

Originally posted by dwdod
    Byrd Dog, if you are not aware of this, MANY users have reported that the cellular signal strength is worse with the new antenna. You may want to transfer an original antenna from one of your many unusable phones to the new one.
    I may just do that beacause i already hate the new one on size alone. Through in that it has worse signal strength and it's a must. Now I just need to figure out the best way to swap it out.

About the battery, has anyone that has the same battery actually been contacted for a replacement?

Byrd Dog

Re: Re: Re: Got my new 7135 in mail....

I may just do that beacause i already hate the new one on size alone. Through in that it has worse signal strength and it's a must. Now I just need to figure out the best way to swap it out.
    Swapping antennas (antennae?) is very easy. Just follow this thread for a blow-by-blow description.

Is it easy to swap the antenna?
    Dave

Well here's a question.. Do you think that Asurion would be too upset if i sent the old phone back to them without the antenna? I was thinking of keeping both of them and conducting some tests on the reception quaility. That way, I won't have any regrets later on.

Byrd dog