+ Reply to Thread

Auto answers if flip open, can you stop this from happening?

I recently switched from a 6035 to a 7135 and love it! But, I use my phone all the time and can not find a way to not auto answer if the flip is open. I have the 'answer when flip opens' turned off.

Thanks in advance

-Jeff
    Last edited by jeffmoore; 01-20-2004 at 11:44 PM.

That is the correct setting...
    have you tried the basics? soft reset, hard reset (make sure you have a backup of your stuff). if those don't work, I think it may need service or replacement.

Drew
    The one who dies with the most toys WINS :-)

After playing around with this a bit more, I noticed that it will auto-answer after the first ring, ALWAYS. Open or closed. I have done a soft reset and a hard reset.

Thanks!

-Jeff

Are you using a headset? If so, check the Accessory settings. If you have Car Auto Answer selected, I believe it auto answers with a headset connected as well.

I have nothing attatched to the phone and the 'auto-answer' for the car is off. I have checked and unchecked every option I have come across.

Thanks again,
    Jeff

FOUND THE PROBLEM!!!
    I took the phone into a USCC office and they updated the firmware. I got into the progamming thingy and there it was, plain as day... Auto Answer incoming calls...

Uuugg, they must have accidentally done this. I have always answered the phone right away and never noticed this before.

-Jeff