+ Reply to Thread

Message alert will not turn off

I cannot get my message alert (the icon) to go off even after I clear all the mesages. I tried two or three soft resets without success. Suggestions?

When you say "clear all the messages" do you mean you read each one? If so, try actually opening the alert, checking each one and pressing Done.
    My sordid past:

Kyocera 6035, Kyocera 7135, Samsung i700, iPAQ 6315, iPAQ hx4705, Motorola a630, BB 7100t, iPAQ rx3115, JAM 850, BB 8700g, Samsung i320 (just for fun), imate KJAM, TMO SDA, MDA, TMO Wing

the little icon in the top right corner on the phone screen says there is a message, but when I check, there are none! How do I get rid of the icon?

back
    Try this....
    Goto the "Messages" program on the Palm side.

Tap on the word "Messages" in the upper left of the screen.

Tap "Voice mail..."

Tap "Reset Voice Mail Count"

That should fix it!
    Palm M515>Kyocera 6035>Kyo 7135>Treo 650>Treo700W>Treo 700P>Palm Centro Verizon

if others dont work

remove battery for 15 seconds

reinstall battery

turn phone on if necessary

works for 6035, verizon network, my indicator gets stuck on after about 1 to 2 weeks, this always fixes the prob and i don't lose anything in memory.

I have tried all of these tricks.....no success. I even did a HARD reset and when I re-hotsynced...the little message icon was back.....but there were no new messages!

Suggestions?

Hard for me to test since I don't have this problem, but try this (maybe someone can chime in if there is a different file)

Delete kwc_messages from your palm and your back up directory. Soft reset and sync. Be sure you do not have any messages. TO be safe, copy the file somewhere on your PC.

Even if there is another file that is the problem, if you hard reset and then resynced your old stuff back on, the problem would return.
    My sordid past:

Kyocera 6035, Kyocera 7135, Samsung i700, iPAQ 6315, iPAQ hx4705, Motorola a630, BB 7100t, iPAQ rx3115, JAM 850, BB 8700g, Samsung i320 (just for fun), imate KJAM, TMO SDA, MDA, TMO Wing

ep
    Call your service provider. It may be hosed on their end and they have to clear it.

It's happened with me and VZW before. They reset it on their end and all was good.
    --ep

Originally posted by ep
    Call your service provider. It may be hosed on their end and they have to clear it.

It's happened with me and VZW before. They reset it on their end and all was good.
    Before I had my 7135, I had a Motorola StarTac, and it used to drive me nuts when I would go on road trips, because the message indicator only seemed to clear when I was back in my home area. The damn thing beeped for over 1000 miles! ( I was passing through digital and non-digital areas where I had a signal).

I'd call up Verizon, definitely.