+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Button Problem

Button Problem

I'm getting kind of tired of the phone number buttons not registering when I dial a phone number. Often I have to press a number more than once before it registers. Well I haven't updated the firmware since I got the phone about a year ago and am wondering whether the most recent firmware has addressed this issue. Does anyone know? If not, does anyone have any thoughts?

I have the same problem and it occured with older firmware and also the current firmware, which I had flashed about a month ago. It seems to be a randon event, but still annoying.

rob

back
    Buttons don't seem to work well when battery is low...
    Palm M515>Kyocera 6035>Kyo 7135>Treo 650>Treo700W>Treo 700P>Palm Centro Verizon

Originally posted by ekaxel
    Buttons don't seem to work well when battery is low...
    With my 7135, the buttons don't work even when the phone has been fully charged. I was hoping to fix it with a firmware upgrade, but I guess that's not going to help.

Try turning off the button beep or click sounds. The sounds greatly slow button response time, making it appear as if there was no response to an action.

Giddyup, Giddyup, Giddyup 7135 TheBeachBoy's Avatar
    If your phone is stable enough, try Afterburner or FastCPU. I'm trying FastCPU and I don't notice a delay anymore when I speed up the dialer.

(Just be careful what you overclock: I overclocked everything that was stable and battery life plummeted. I think it's because I overclocked Launcher. Also, some have noticed they are missing calls when in overclocked apps.)

Good luck!
    TheBeachBoy

--The World's Greatest Drummer--
    Drummer for the Fondells

Converged several times now...
    I've got the latest firmware and afterburner installed. The button response problem doesn't seem to be improved (nor worsened) by these factors.

I also expect the button noise is also unrelated. I actually turn-up the button noise so I know when the button registered a "press" or not. When the button presses are not registered, there's just no response (no noise, no display change).

I find this problem REALLY annoying and have considered changing phones at times. Thank heavens for TakePhone -- I use this app to dial many of my calls and use the touch-screen buttons (which, ironically, I thought I wouldn't use since the Kyo has a dedicated keyboard).

Giddyup, Giddyup, Giddyup 7135 TheBeachBoy's Avatar
    Originally posted by geekdaddy_P
    I've got the latest firmware and afterburner installed. The button response problem doesn't seem to be improved (nor worsened) by these factors
    It may only be FastCPU that speeds up button response. Mine show up on-screen as soon as I push the button.
    TheBeachBoy

--The World's Greatest Drummer--
    Drummer for the Fondells