+ Reply to Thread

Eudora and Earthlink?

Trying to get my Kyo back up to speed after a battery mishap erased it.

On Eudora, I've got two e-mail accounts setup, but a third one isn't working. On trying to connect there's a "Failed to secure connection" error, then the message, "Error communicating with incoming mail server, mail.harmoniva.com" comes up. mail.harmoniva.com is the POP server, and I have the username and pwd just like on my desktop. There are no special authentication settings on the desktop, and on my Kyo I have security stuff set at defaults. Kind of mystified as to the problem.

The other real quick question is can somebody remind me what the SMTP settings are for an Earthlink account . . . I know they're on here somewhere but if someone has them offhand that'd be great.

Thanks y'all - love this board.
    Last edited by theharmonyguy; 05-06-2004 at 02:28 PM.
    >thg.
    I want an MPx with PalmOS supporting EV-DO on Verizon!! Is anybody listening?? :splat: 8)

"An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered." - G. K. Chesterton

Still haven't gotten this resolved . . . at one point I kept getting messages saying it didn't trust the SSL for my pop server, but even if I said trust next time it didn't help. But eventually the messages stopped appearing.
    >thg.
    I want an MPx with PalmOS supporting EV-DO on Verizon!! Is anybody listening?? :splat: 8)

EMN

Re: Eudora E-mail Questions

Originally posted by theharmonyguy
    . . . The other real quick question is can somebody remind me what the SMTP settings are for an Earthlink account . . . I know they're on here somewhere but if someone has them offhand that'd be great.

Thanks y'all - love this board.
    I'm sorry, I can't help you with most of it. But the Earthlink settings that work for me on Eudora are:

Incoming Server (POP): mail.earthlink.net

Outgoing Server (SMTP): smtpauth.earthlink.net

I use it with Verizon's high speed access. Good luck.

Never Forget 9/11/01 kerryclair's Avatar
    I have a problem with my THIRD account on Eudora mail too. WOnder if it can't properly handle three? It is a valid account and with the SAME SMPT and POP settings as one of the other email accounts. It's weird.

I did not really need the third, so I have not bothered seriously troubleshooting it yet.

This is the third, but on my old phone it handled four just fine. The old phone didn't have the new firmware . . . that seems strange though.
    >thg.

OK, once I restored stuff via HotSync all lot of things were working again.

But my Earthlink account still can't send. I have the SMTP as smtpauth.earthlink.net, but every time I try to send I get something about a malformed address "theharmonyguy@earthlink.net@mail.earthlink.net". I was using my e-mail as the user and my password as the password. When I tried just "theharmonyguy", I got an error message about invalid login info.

All of you who use Earthlink, what do I need to put my settings on?? Thanks!
    >thg.

Please help!!!

[ (at) = @ ]

OK, this is strange . . . After going back over everything in this thread, I set things up as follows:

Outgoing server: smtpauth.earthlink.net
    Security settings:
    - Plain Auth.
    - Password Prompt
    - No SSL

Now fyi, I have Earthlink DSL, with the account under lbtyson(at)earthlink.net. theharmonyguy(at)earthlink.net is another address under that account that I want to check.

theharmonyguy(at)earthlink.net as the user name and mail.earthlink.net for POP server works fine on incoming messages. Following Alan's past tip, when I was prompted for auth. info on the outgoing server I used lbtyson(at)earthlink.net and that account's password.

Result? I still got the malformed address thing (the message is actually so long that it gets cut off at "malformed") with theharmonyguy(at)earthlink.net(at)mail.earthlink.net showing.

Using theharmonyguy(at)earthlink.net info instead gets the same result, and using just theharmonyguy or just lbtyson doesn't work. Ideas??

btw I'm on Verizon, results the same with QNC or EN. As I remember it, with my old phone I finally just went to using Airbridge and that pretty much worked, but I'd like to get this going on Earthlink . . .
    Last edited by theharmonyguy; 05-06-2004 at 02:30 PM.
    >thg.