+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Aftermarkert battery musings....

The day I purchaced my 7135, before I found this forum, I purchaced some accessories from the lowest bidder. I've had no problems with an aftermarket battery and charger but....

How many companies are out there making 7135 batteries? Can't be many, and the spare I have was made in China as the original is. It has no serial number or any other lot/batch type markings.

What if this aftermarket one is really made by Coslight, the co. that All Purpose Guru found out made the 05 explodidng product for Kyocera. Would they have to locate all the aftermarket batteries as well to recall?

I've not noticed any heating problems as a few folks have noted in the past, but does any one else think I may be carrying Russian Roulette of a battery?

The real question is: does anyone out there know how to find the manufacturer of an aftermarket battery by its description as it has no identifiers on the label?
    Here, have a clue. No, take two, they're small.....

FWIW I ordered the $7 battery from newegg.com last week and it should be in momentarily - I'll let y'all know how it works.

so far, so good.

Re: Aftermarkert battery musings....

Originally posted by Osteo
    I've not noticed any heating problems as a few folks have noted in the past, but does any one else think I may be carrying Russian Roulette of a battery?

The real question is: does anyone out there know how to find the manufacturer of an aftermarket battery by its description as it has no identifiers on the label?
    Well... its been pointed out before. The battery is not a "consumable" (maybe if they explode frequently ) so its not like you're going to be buying them every week/month like your cell minutes. Phone: ~$500, Battery: does it matter if its $10, $20, $30 cheaper? Kyocera is replacing their batch with quality problems. That may not be the case with some of the offshore suppliers.

-Quick

back
    Has anyone had overheating, exploding with an aftermarket battery?
    Palm M515>Kyocera 6035>Kyo 7135>Treo 650>Treo700W>Treo 700P>Palm Centro Verizon