+ Reply to Thread

Express network per KB charge when used as modem?

I've had express network on my americas choice plan for a while now where data usage comes out of my minutes. I've been using it on my 7135 for internet access on the go with no trouble. Today at home my DSL line went down, so I wanted to use the 7135 as a modem. However, I didnt know the password for express network so I called up. The guy said that I dont have express network (even though I told him I've been using it like, forever) and that using the phone as a modem will incur per KB charges. The way I see it, how is using it as a modem vs. using what I've already been doing for a while any different as far as Verizon can see? Is this guy clueless or should I stop using it now before I make a really big phone bill?

I have EN on Americas Choice and I use my 7135 as a modem for my laptop. I have never been charged a per KB charge. But, then again, I have never asked VZW. I suspect that as with all things VZW, it depends on which rep you ask. They may also be changing their policy, but I don't see how they can start charging you a per KB charge without advance notice. By the way, the password is "vzw" in lower case and without the quotes. The username is your phone number@vzw3g.com.

Data is Data. whether you use your 7135 as a modem or directly you will be billed the same. You need to talk to somebody in the Wireless data group (I think that's what they are called) There is a number posted for them recently in the forum. The regular VZW support may or may not know what you are talking about.
    mg

edit:Here's the number: 1-866-890-2357 and the link: New VZ Wireless Support Division # and INFO.
    Last edited by MGuzzy; 01-25-2004 at 02:43 PM.
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

This was mobile office support actually. The guy had no clue of what I was talking about.

back
    I have America's Choice. Used phone as modem with Earthlink on my laptop in Montana, calling local Portland OR dialup number for hours on end - no extra charge, just minutes.
    Palm M515>Kyocera 6035>Kyo 7135>Treo 650>Treo700W>Treo 700P>Palm Centro Verizon