+ Reply to Thread

Sd Card ... 512 Mb ????

I've noticed that OfficeMax has a sale on 512 mb SD cards. Just wondering if its worth it? (This is of cource AFTER all the rebates are cashed in.

I am using a 256 now, and seems to be fine. Do I really need this much? I'm trying to find someone who will convince me that I don't need it.

Will the 7135 work alright with a card this big? Think of all the stuff, NOW, you can put on it. (not like you couldn't on a 256)

Thanks for any input.

wxman

The 7135 works just fine with a 512MB card. I've got two and use them for music, books and backup every day.

wxman
    Didn't see any mention of it on thier website. Is it a local sale perhaps? What brand SD card and how much were they going for.
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPS ....

Sorry everyone...

I was looking at a Compact Flash card. Obvioulsy, NOT what I was thinking (SD).

Sorry again everyone.

wxman

Just as an FYI, MGuzzy, you can get 512MB SD cards at pc-mall.com for about $140. You can also look at www.pricewatch.com under memory, which is a good all-around site to have in your geek-shopping bookmarks.
    ---------------
    The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Thanks BrerLapn. I do check that site occasionally. for my uses I'll probably wait tiull they drop below 100 bucks. I'm in no rush. Like Palmnut I have several, one for docs and utilities I carry from client to client, another for books, music and other media.
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Circuit City

I saw in our Circuit City flyer yesterday $129 adter rebates for a SanDisk 512Mb SD. That's among the best price I''''ve seen and certainly the best I've seen at a "real" reail store.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.