+ Reply to Thread

Question How do I update firmware on 7135?

I've been looking around in the FAQs but cannot find anything on how to upgrade firmware, OS, etc.

I've used a Palm pilot since 1996 and know how to do the "traditional" Palm OS upgrades, but with this being a phone I'd like to learn how it's done BEFORE I step on any landmines.

Any info would be appreciated. thanks.

Call around to your local Verizon stores. One of them that's more substantial than just a kiosk at the mall should be able to do the upgrade. I would make sure you have the phone number for the new Data Support division before you go, just in case the tech at the store hasn't done an upgrade before. I believe the number is in the "Battery Recall" sticky thread in this forum. Shouldn't be too hard to find a store that can do it, though, if you're not way out in the boonies.

Edit: New VZ Wireless Support Division # and INFO.
    Last edited by BrerLapn; 01-25-2004 at 11:58 PM.
    ---------------
    The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

tcpip95
    You should know that the tools and firmware images to do the upgrade are not generally available as they are copyrighted by Kyocera and held under fairly tight control. Hence you wont find them here, though you may find threads that discuss the process.
    I reiterate BrerLapn's suggestion that you take it to a Verizon store and have them do the upgrade. that way if something goes awry (as things sometimes do), then the store will pick up the tab for a new phone.
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Thanks for the replies. I'll hook up with Verizon.

Can anyone tell me what upgrading the firmware will accomplish for me? I have an original 7135 on Verizon - it works pretty well but has occasional freezes after using web or e-mail. Is it worth the trouble of firmware upgrading?
    Thanks.

A little reading material for ya...
    Attached Files

JigSawMan,
    Thanks a TON for posting the Release Notes! I'm an engineer and I've learned that the best (and usually most important) information comes out of the Release Notes.

JP