+ Reply to Thread

Angry It's fallen and it's not bright at all

I need help,

My phone fell from my clip (snaged on something) and all though it has fallen before this time my brightness is set what looks like maybe 10 and no matter what I set it to it does not change.

Called kyocera and nothing worked. Since it is nicked on the side they said not under warantty Is my baby dead?

It looks like a hardware issue at this point wich is expensive from what they tell me?

E

I think Assurion insurance through Verizon covers that sort of thing, but I've never had to use it.
    ---------------
    The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

It is covered under Asurion Insurance. I have had to replace two phones. Cost's $50 for a replacement, but you get a extra cradle and stuff so it's worth it.

Byrd Dog
    You should be 10% smarter than the equipment you operate. For some of you, the 7135 is not the best choice of equipment.

The only problem is that I'm using a 3rd party vendor that resells Verison minutes to the public for a small discount. The kicker is his main pitch was service and the best he could do is to let me deal with kyocera directly or have me buy a new phone for more money than what I paid 8 month ago. Ya, I'll extend with him when my contract expires.

I hope they could replace my phone under the warranty on the account that their damn holdster is simply weak because I don't think they could really fix it effectively.

E

Ouch, sounds like you got ripped.....
    You should be 10% smarter than the equipment you operate. For some of you, the 7135 is not the best choice of equipment.

Can we get his business name/location so others will watch out?
    My sordid past:

Kyocera 6035, Kyocera 7135, Samsung i700, iPAQ 6315, iPAQ hx4705, Motorola a630, BB 7100t, iPAQ rx3115, JAM 850, BB 8700g, Samsung i320 (just for fun), imate KJAM, TMO SDA, MDA, TMO Wing

Originally posted by harleyxlc
    Can we get his business name/location so others will watch out?
    You might get too many of those!! I found out a few years back that it's much better to deal directly with Verizon (even as bad as they've been with the current situation) rather than the 3rd party resellers for the same reason with another phone. I had to plead, threaten, etc., etc. to get them to do the right thing. When it was time to get another phone, I went directly to Verizon.

Ya, since I'm only one of 3 people that actually bought the phone from him, I don't think you will run into him in Los Angeles. I'll try working with Kyocera, they sounded like they will work with me. Just in case things don't work out, does anybody know were I could pick one up cheap???