+ Reply to Thread

Only thing showing up on card is backup??

I've tried searching list but can't find answer specific to my question. I've got maps and other things stored on my memory card. I also have Backup Buddy set to backup to the card every night.

Question is this: If I use the standard Palm file directory and look at contents of the card, all I see is "backup". If I use file manager I can see all the programs and data that is on the card, but I can't get them to display.

Is there a default setting that I've messed up that has caused "backup" to be the default directory? Can someone please tell me how to change this so that the file directory shows the files on the card?

Thanks in advance.

Barb

Nabour
    I think you may have discovered a feature, if I understand your question correctly! Backup Buddy by default installs itself as an app that can be run from the card. That way if you lose you phone data you can run backup buddy directly from the card. If you have no other apps that are installed to run from the card that may be why you only see back up buddy there.
    Any apps that are located in the \palm\launchers folder on the card will show up in the Palm launcher "card" category. So to run an app from the SD card just move it to that folder. But be aware not all apps can be run from the card, it just takes some experimenting to find which ones can be moved there. Some apps even give you instruction on how to properly configure them to run from the SD card. Also some programs will use the SD card to store data files but need to run from the Palm (ie Mapopoplis). They usually will create a folder for their files in the \Palm\Programs folder on the SD card. I hope this helps.
    Any way I recommend a nice free file viewer utility called FileZ to manage files on a Palm. Its much better than the built in file manager.
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

OK -- lightbulb comes on! You're right - now that I think of it, on the card are many data items -- maps, documents to read, etc -- but not applications. DDDDDDuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhh.

Of course the only thing to show up on the card would be the applications.

Thanks for the response.

Barb