+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Knowledge is Sharing

Post 13 page presentation for our customers

Greetings: We put together a SmartPhone Seminar (1 hr) for our customers, and since we have borrowed from this forum, thought it fair to put back. Please feel free to share it, or tell me how it could have been improved.

It is 13 pages, but we are most proud of page 2, especially the 2nd part of the disclaimer.

The file is a windows powerpoint.pps inside a zip container.
    Smartphone K7135 Seminar V2.zip and inside
    Smartphone K7135 Seminar V2.pps (windows powerpoint slide show) use pgup/pgdn or enter to move thru the slides.

The Dr.

dr.SmartPhone@allamericancommunications.biz
    we are a verizon wireless authorized agent
    Attached Files
    When the geeks need help, they go to the dr. When the dr needs help, he goes to pdaphonehome :-)
    out of the wireless business; but I do consulting and security as a CISSP; www.wiremore.biz shares my values and has a good business link as well.

Very well done. Good collection of advice.

If only word like this had gotten out about our phone six or twelve months ago, sales might have been a lot better for our phones.

If you don't mind, I'm going to keep a copy of it on my laptop so that when a question or comment about my phone comes up, I can whip out a neat little speadsheet. (Of course giving credit where credit is due!)

Nice presentation. How do you set up a business card to beam to other pda's? Would be a great tool at conventions.

Originally posted by CaptJCL
    Nice presentation. How do you set up a business card to beam to other pda's? Would be a great tool at conventions.
    Go into Address Book, select the entry you want to be your business card, once in the entry select the menu, under Record there is an option "Select Business Card". This will set up the entry as the business card on your pda, which can then be beamed.

Very Cool. Thanks!

Dr. SP
    Great presentation. I too like your page two, it may get borrowed, without your permission of course,
    I noticed the links at the end, and I wondering if you talk about the software that is available for the 7135 as well? I find when I show people my phone and they are really interested in it I always try to mention the apps that are available. I divy them into three categories:
    1. general palm apps, pick one
    2. Apps for smartphones in general that enhance the usage of any smartphone, like TakePhone, Directory Assitance, email apps and browsers
    3. Apps specifically written for the 7135; like Beebooper, Energy Saver, Minute counter, CB Fixer etc

And lastly, and most importantly I demonstarte the ability to backup the phone to the SD card using a palm backup software (ie backup buddy). and that you can restore the data in the field w/o out having wait to do a hotsync.

Thanks for the biz card tip. I'll add that to my demo.
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

I have had my 7135 for almost a year. A very stable and dependable phone/pda. That very cool biz card tip just let me know that must be tons of other neat tricks that I never thougt of.

Dr.

Why:
    "Leave hotsync enabled and try to simultaneous use phone as a wireless modem"

How do I disable hotsync while useing as a modem?

Thank you,
    Vernon

Knowledge is Sharing
    Originally posted by vdog_2000
    Dr.

Why:
    "Leave hotsync enabled and try to simultaneous use phone as a wireless modem"

How do I disable hotsync while using as a modem?
    Thank you for the question: The item above was under the "don't" heading. Therefore, if you want your phone to work as a modem, "don't" leave your hotsynch (on your computer/laptop) enabled.

If your hotsynch is not running, do nothing: fire up as a modem.
    If your hotsynch is running; usually an icon on your autostart area, right mouse on the icon; click "exit": fire up as a modem.

Hope that helps.

Dr.
    When the geeks need help, they go to the dr. When the dr needs help, he goes to pdaphonehome :-)
    out of the wireless business; but I do consulting and security as a CISSP; www.wiremore.biz shares my values and has a good business link as well.

Is that explians How but not the Why...

So why???

I just don't see any harm in having an inactive service running at the time that I use as a modem.

Thanks

Because you won't be able to use the 7135 as a modem through the cradle. With the HotSync program running any communication from the cradle will be intercepted by the Hotsync program as a potential hotsync command. I'm not sure what kind of conflict would arise by having both the modem drivers and the hotsync looking for communication on the same port.
    mg

I've have not had any problems...

You just can't hotsync while using as a modem...But you can't do anything else either while using as a modem.

So I still don't see a problem with having an inactive hotsync service while use as a modem.

But I am willing to try when I get home tonight to see the difference. Maybe I have conflicts that I dont know about?!?!?!

Thanks,
    Vernon

I think the problems comes in when you try to use the serial connection and have noy exited hotsync. USB connections should not make any difference.

I use USB so that might explain why I see no problems.

Thank you!

This is the only point in the presentaion that I didn't know why. I just want the best for my 7135.

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Page 11 - "Don't .... Forget if your headset is plugged in, as phone will auto-answer after 2 rings."

For "headset" are you talking a simple earpiece, or the full-blown Kyocera car kit ??

I dispute that because mine does not auto-answer. It will only auto-answer if I have that option turned on in my phone preferences. I just have an earpiece, not the full car kit.
    Michael

vdog... Hey if works great.. It could very well be using the USB as you say. There are many other unknowns, like what OS are you using, drivers, hardware, etc etc
    mg

Knowledge is Sharing

Thank you!

This is the only point in the presentaion that I didn't know why. I just want the best for my 7135.
    VD: As a general rule of thumb (ignoring that Kyocera encourages it) is to not have hotsynch running... but there is more.

Depending on your computer, be it serial (9 pin) or USB: eithe r way, when we get calls from folks having problems, more than not it has something to do with hotsynch. Usually people trying to do both at the same time. The calls to our hotline went completely away after we encouraged folks to not have hotsynch on. Of courrse it was a big help thta Kyocera encourages it also.

Of course some of our customers plug in the USB, and then enable hotsynch on serial <duh> So to protect the innocent we make a broad recommendation.

Thanks for the feedback that yours works eiher way. From a hockey dome in the midwest... via my smartphone...

The Dr.

Knowledge is Sharing

Thank you!

VD: As a general rule of thumb (ignoring that Kyocera encourages it) is to not have hotsynch running... but there is more.

Depending on your computer, be it serial (9 pin) or USB: eithe way, when we get calls from folks having problems, more than not it has something to do with hotsynch. Usually people trying to do both at the same time. The calls to our hotline went completely away after we encouraged folks to not have hotsynch on. Of course it was a big help that Kyocera encourages it also.

Some of our customers plug in the USB, and then enable hotsynch on serial <duh> So to protect the innocent we make a broad recommendation. Hope that helps. Working "always" vs working "most of the time" was an easy recommendation.

Thanks for the feedback that yours works eiher way. From a hockey dome in the midwest... via my smartphone...

The Dr.

AVY
    fyi if one of your palm buttons is for address ,or agendus and u have set up a business card u can beam it from any application u r in by just holding down the address button.u dont have to find the business card entry

Knowledge is Sharing
    Originally posted by AVY
    fyi if one of your palm buttons is for address ,or agendus and u have set up a business card u can beam it from any application u r in by just holding down the address button.u dont have to find the business card entry
    AVY, you are mostly right. But a number of applications take over those same buttons (stop watches and games for example). So, while some of the time you can use the address button to beam your business card it won't work all the time.

Thanks for keeping the thread alive, as each comment helps make us better users of the phone.

Dr. SmartPhone