+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Jae
    Jae is offline
    Registered User
    Join Date
    12-30-2003
    Location
    Burbank, CA
    Posts
    150

    7135 MP3 player - how to change order

    Is there a way to change the order of the songs on the MP3 player? It doesn't seem to be organized in any manor. Not by song title nor file title. Any way to organize? Please let me know.
    J

  2. #2
    Reconverged harleyxlc's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-25-2003
    Posts
    2,721
    I assume you are using the default mp3 player. I think that is by the order the songs are added. it is not that flexible and many of us have purchased BeBopper, which lets you maintain multiple playlists.
    My sordid past:

    Kyocera 6035, Kyocera 7135, Samsung i700, iPAQ 6315, iPAQ hx4705, Motorola a630, BB 7100t, iPAQ rx3115, JAM 850, BB 8700g, Samsung i320 (just for fun), imate KJAM, TMO SDA, MDA, TMO Wing

  3. #3
    Resident Curmudgeon
    Join Date
    12-02-2002
    Posts
    117
    It is possible to change the order of the built-in MP3 player's play-list using the Kyocera MP3 Desktop application. I don't know of any way to change the order of the play-list using just the built-in player.

    Bebopper is a third-party MP3 player that offers many features not found in the built-in MP3 player.

    -PatP

  4. #4
    Registered User dwdod's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-01-2001
    Location
    Metro Washington D.C. area
    Posts
    2,085

    Re: 7135 MP3 player - how to change order

    Originally posted by Jae
    Is there a way to change the order of the songs on the MP3 player? It doesn't seem to be organized in any manor. Not by song title nor file title. Any way to organize? Please let me know.
    You have very little control over the ordering of songs using the Kyocera-provided MP3 player. The songs are generally in the order they were added to the SD card, although I have experienced some exceptions to this rule. So far as I know, you have no way to change the order of the songs other than to delete them from the SD card and re-install them in the order you want them played.

    You are FAR better off upgrading to BeBopper which is a full-featured MP3 player designed from the ground up for the 7135.
    Dave

  5. #5
    Resident Curmudgeon
    Join Date
    12-02-2002
    Posts
    117
    I won't argue your suggestion to use Bebopper in any way. Bebopper is far more "full featured" than the built-in MP3 player.

    With that said, anyone with the Kyocera MP3 Desktop software installed can use it to connect to their 7135 and rearrange the play list. It isn't difficult, it is just rather obscure!

    -PatP

  6. #6
    Registered User TitanicGeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-01-2004
    Location
    Prairie Village, KS
    Posts
    54
    Thanks again for the advice on TealScript. Looks like I will pay for that app... I have been using G1 for years.. and then the upgrade on the phone to G2 has made my writing skills shoot downhill.. I was even back to using the virt keyboard!

    The TealScript walks you through some set up words. and recognizes what you want to call each letter.. very , VERY cool! Its better than G1!

    Thats my 3 cents worth

    Bill
    NEW TOY?! Gotta have it!!!

  7. #7
    Registered User dwdod's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-01-2001
    Location
    Metro Washington D.C. area
    Posts
    2,085
    Originally posted by TitanicGeek
    Thanks again for the advice on TealScript. Looks like I will pay for that app... I have been using G1 for years.. and then the upgrade on the phone to G2 has made my writing skills shoot downhill.. I was even back to using the virt keyboard!

    The TealScript walks you through some set up words. and recognizes what you want to call each letter.. very , VERY cool! Its better than G1!

    Thats my 3 cents worth

    Bill
    That's all very interesting, but what does it have to do with changing the sequence of MP3s in the MP3 player?
    Dave

  8. #8
    Registered User Robert K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    06-18-2002
    Location
    DC/Balt area
    Posts
    4,827
    Originally posted by dwdod
    That's all very interesting, but what does it have to do with changing the sequence of MP3s in the MP3 player?
    That's what I was wondering
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    12-21-2003
    Location
    Somewhere in UConn country!!
    Posts
    417
    Perhaps Bill is suggesting that you can write them in....

  10. #10
    Registered User Robert K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    06-18-2002
    Location
    DC/Balt area
    Posts
    4,827
    Originally posted by rfreschner
    Perhaps Bill is suggesting that you can write them in....
    lol
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

  11. #11
    Registered User myDrPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-09-2003
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    73
    There is perhaps A way, but if it could be time consuming
    and you will have to be consist in your titling of each new song.

    You can right click on each MP3, choose Properties - click on last tab, change title/name.

    You also be able to do this with an ID3 tag editor.

    Hope this helps

  12. #12
    Registered User dwdod's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-01-2001
    Location
    Metro Washington D.C. area
    Posts
    2,085
    Originally posted by myDrPC
    There is perhaps A way, but if it could be time consuming
    and you will have to be consist in your titling of each new song.

    You can right click on each MP3, choose Properties - click on last tab, change title/name.

    You also be able to do this with an ID3 tag editor.

    Hope this helps
    I don't think the Kyocera-provided MP3 player orders its sequence of songs based on ID3 tag information.
    Dave

  13. #13
    Resident Curmudgeon
    Join Date
    12-02-2002
    Posts
    117
    When I want to change the order of the playlist entries in my Kyocera MP3 player, I use the Kyocera MP3 Desktop on my PC to do it. The steps I use are:

    1) PC: Start the Kyocera MP3 Desktop
    2) 7135: Start the Downloader application
    3) 7135: Click the Connect button
    4) PC: Add or delete MP3s on the 7135 as needed
    5) PC: Select the entry(s) of interest in the lower window
    6) PC: Use the Up and Down buttons (in the middle toolbar) to change the order
    7) PC: Close the Kyocera MP3 Desktop

    ...and then I go trooping merrily on my way, with the new playlist order on my 7135! I really don't use the MP3 files that much, so the order isn't usually important to me, but I can change that order if I want to!

    -PatP

  14. #14
    Registered User Robert K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    06-18-2002
    Location
    DC/Balt area
    Posts
    4,827
    Originally posted by PatP
    When I want to change the order of the playlist entries in my Kyocera MP3 player, I use the Kyocera MP3 Desktop on my PC to do it. The steps I use are:
    Sounds like a lot of work. I'm pretty sure that Bebopper lets you put your playlist entries in any order you want.

    Is that correct Bebopper users?
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

  15. #15
    Resident Curmudgeon
    Join Date
    12-02-2002
    Posts
    117
    Heavens to murgatroid yes! Bebopper allows multiple playlists, and you can edit them "on the fly" (even adding songs to the current playlist).

    I never meant to imply that the built-in MP3 player was any kind of competition for Bebopper. It definitely isn't, by a country mile!

    My real point is that people often assume that because something isn't easy or obvious, that it doesn't exist. Many of the features that add on packages tout are simply easier to access than in the built in tool. Snappermail does everything that the built in mail can do, and many things that the built in mail just plain can't do. Bebopper does everything that the built in MP3 player can do, and a number of things that it can't do. In both cases though, many of the features are simply more accessible, not truly new.

    Then again, some of the features that I depend on in Snapper actually are new, and I'm sure that the dedicated MP3 users feel the same way about Bebopper! I'm the type that tries to "push the envelope" of existing tools before I break down and get new tools... But on the other hand when I find a new tool, I tend to gleefully explore and "push the envelope" on it too!

    -PatP

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts