+ Reply to Thread

Adding songs to BeBopper

I did the following in BeBopper 1.1.2:

1. Copied a few songs to the SD card
    2. Created a few playlists, and moved some songs into them
    3. Downloaded some new songs to the SD card

When I went to put the new songs into a playlist, BeBopper did not recognize the new songs. So I did a reset and tried again, but no go. So I recreated the default playlist, but it deleted my old playlists I created!!! So how do I get new songs downloaded onto my SD card:

1. Recognized by BeBopper
    2. Sorted into a playlist

Thanks

Re: Adding songs to BeBopper

Originally posted by pakirby
    When I went to put the new songs into a playlist, BeBopper did not recognize the new songs. So I did a reset and tried again, but no go. So I recreated the default playlist, but it deleted my old playlists I created!!! So how do I get new songs downloaded onto my SD card:
    Bebopper warns you it will delete existing playlists when you choose to recreate the default. Make sure all your songs are in the /AUDIO directory and not in a subdirectory or anyplace else.

Why does it delete all of my current playlists when rebuilding the default playlist?

Re: Adding songs to BeBopper

1. Recognized by BeBopper
    2. Sorted into a playlist

Thanks
    When you say that BeBopper did not "recognize" the new songs, do you mean that BeBopper did not find the songs, or rather was able to find them but couldn't add them to an existing playlist?
    Dave

BeBopper could not find the songs on the card prior to rebuilding the default playlist. Once I rebuilt the default playlist, I was able to see the songs in the default list.

BeBopper could not find the songs on the card prior to rebuilding the default playlist. Once I rebuilt the default playlist, I was able to see the songs in the default list.
    Build 1.1.3 (released January 12, 2004) fixes the following reported problem:

"Rebuild default playlist didn't clear playlist before rewriting."

This might solve the problem you experienced.
    Dave

Some Problems with version 1.1.3

I upgraded from version 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 today and have some proglems with the new version. First off, some songs that played just fine in version1.1.1 won't play in the new version. Secondly, if I try to add tracks to a playlist from an existing directory listing, it causes my phone to freeze requiring a soft reset.

I have submitted a detailed explanation of the problems on the BellTools website. Just wondering if others have experienced problems with the new version.
    Dave

Corrupted SD Card

It appears the problems I was having with the new version of BeBopper was not BeBopper's fault, but rather an SD card that had become corrupted (a 512 MB card no less!!!). I thought the card was fried as I could not get Filemanager to scan it, and Windows Explorer wouldn't read it in a card reader either. Following Jonathan Bell's expert advice, I reforrmatted the card in the phone and it is working again, and the new BeBopper seems to be happy too.

Alls well that ends well!
    Dave