+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy hotsync problems

I'm getting an error message when I try to Hot Sync my phone, it is not saying "This feature is not available when the port is in use." The hot sync manager is open on my computer and nothing's change but now it doesn't work. Any help out there? Thanks

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Remove the battery cover from the back of the phone, and press the reset button that's inside of the battery compartment with the stylus. Then try syncing again.
    Michael

I have this problem occur quite frequently as well.

The soft reset always clears it up, but does anyone actually know what causes it?

This problem is related to handling the actual button push on the cradle. If you instead launch the hotsync app and press the button in the center of the screen, all works fine (at least for me)

A soft reset should be enough to restor the function. Kyocera has acknowleged the problem (nearly a year ago) but I have not heard of a fix. YMMV.

Originally posted by DRC_P
    Kyocera has acknowleged the problem (nearly a year ago) but I have not heard of a fix. YMMV.
    Did they say whether it was a hardware or software issue? From the fact that it had to do with the button push on the cradle itself it sounds like a hardware issue. If so, they might have fixed it with later versions of the cradle. I have two with no issues over the last couple of months I've had the 7135. Just a WAG...

PJH
    You might want to take a look at the next-to-last response in this thread:

Hot Sync Sporadic Problem

I did not see anything that said it was hardware. I suspect it is not, as it only happens to SOME people, but no one has isolated which app is common. I used to get it every day, lately it has been months. I am still on my original firmware, so must be some app I gave up on. Good luck

Originally posted by PJH
    You might want to take a look at the next-to-last response in this thread:

Hot Sync Sporadic Problem
    Yeah, that's why I said my response was a WAG!! Still can't for the life of me understand why this would cause the issue, but that's technology for ya!!

Thumbs up Hot sync solution

Awesome, thanks guys, the soft reset seems to have worked. This group is amazing! I love it!

I encountered the same puzzling behavior with the hotsync button on the cradle, using XP Pro and a Serial connection. My workaround was to assign the "messages" hard button to open the HotSync manager. I never used the ToDo function (that button's OLD assignment) on my other Palms, so that button was free. Now I have two-touch hotsync instead of one-touch, but it works every time.