+ Reply to Thread

Jabra BT200 Problems

I just purchased a Jabra BT200 to use with my 7135. Sometimes, voice dialing and call answering works just great, and other times, neither one works at all.

Can anyone help with these questions ...

Specifically, what causes the Jabra to get "out of sync" with the phone? By "out of sync", I mean that I press the on/off button on the Jabra to make a call, and the phone says "exiting voice recognizer". Basically, I'm trying to start the phone application, but the phone is trying to end it. (I hope that makes sense!)

Specifically, what can I do to prevent the Jabra from getting "out of sync" with the phone?

Specifically, if the Jabra is "out of sync" with the phone, how do I get them back "in sync".

Does it matter what screen the phone is on when I try to voice dial or answer a call?

Any suggestions on how to make the Jabra work more consistently? During "incoming call tests", 3 or 4 may get answered properly, and the others fail miserably.

Thanks very much for you help!

Steve
    Last edited by smgcircle; 02-01-2004 at 08:32 PM.

how to sync back

I have not figured out what's causing the out of sync problem. But I've found 2 things that will sync them back up. One is to turn the headset off and then back on. The other is to put the headset back in the charger for a few seconds.

I only use the headset in my car. So, I've made a habit of turning it off and on before I get into my car. I rarely get those problems now.

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar

Re: Jabra BT200 Problems

Originally posted by smgcircle
    I just purchased a Jabra BT200 to use with my 7135. Sometimes, voice dialing and call answering works just great, and other times, neither one works at all.

Can anyone help with these questions ...

Specifically, what causes the Jabra to get "out of sync" with the phone? By "out of sync", I mean that I press the on/off button on the Jabra to make a call, and the phone says "exiting voice recognizer". Basically, I'm trying to start the phone application, but the phone is trying to end it. (I hope that makes sense!)
    I have the same headset that you do. It can get out of sync in a few ways. One I can think of off the top of my head is if the multi-adapter cord gets slightly pulled out of the 7135 and you press the button.

Specifically, what can I do to prevent the Jabra from getting "out of sync" with the phone?
    Read the manual. Particularly the sections about turning the Jabra on, and then plugging it into the phone. That is done when you need to switch from holding the 7135 next to your ear to using the Jabra without hanging up the call you're currently on. There are other scenarios in there as well.

Specifically, if the Jabra is "out of sync" with the phone, how do I get them back "in sync".
    Disconnect the multi-adapter from the 7135, and then press the on/off button on the earpiece. Wait for the Jabra to either activate or deactivate (could take up to 3 seconds), depending on your situation. Finally, plug the multi-adapter back into the 7135.

Does it matter what screen the phone is on when I try to voice dial or answer a call?
    Mine seems to need to be on the phone screen prior to activating the Jabra in order to voice dial a call. To answer a call, it does not matter what screen the 7135 is showing.

Any suggestions on how to make the Jabra work more consistently? During "incoming call tests", 3 or 4 may get answered properly, and the others fail miserably.
    See the out of sync suggestion above, and read the manual.
    Michael

Thanks for these suggestions! I'll try them out later tonight.

On a related note, I see that the new Jabra BT250 for bluetooth phones has been released. Does anyone know if there will be a new Jabra for non-bluetooth phones coming out in the near future?

Thanks again!

Steve

I've been trying all sorts of combinations for the phone options to see if anything makes a difference. It seems like enabling "When Opening Flip: Show phone display" makes the phone voice dial much more consistent. Since I've changed this setting, I have not had the phone get "out of sync".

If anyone wants to try this, please let me know your results.

Steve