+ Reply to Thread

Older software - Questions?

OK, I figured out what software versions I have - but I have no idea what it means .

Phone software - MZ 1.0.27
    PDA software - SZ 1.0.23
    PRL - 803

I found another post where someone listed later versions, so I'm pretty darn sure my versions are pretty old. But what issues are fixed by the later versions of the software? Is it worth the hassle for me to upgrade? And how do I go about doing so if it is worth it?

FWIW, I have an Alltel phone activated on Verizon - who would do the upgrade? Or should I go directly to Kyocera?

Thanks...

-Karyl

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    See the thread for the changes between versions of the firmware. Down a ways on the page, user JigSawMan posted a PDF document that contains the firmware release notes.

For updating the firmware in your 7135, you can do it yourself if you manage to find the software that's required to do it. Otherwise, take it to a Verizon store and have them do it.
    Last edited by SilvrDrgn; 02-25-2004 at 01:39 PM.
    Michael

OK am I missing something? Does anyone know what link SilvrDrgn is referring to?

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Originally posted by Rstyle
    OK am I missing something? Does anyone know what link SilvrDrgn is referring to?
    This link -> How do I update firmware on 7135?
    Michael

Thanks! I did some reading up on it and have decided to go get my phone flashed. Looks like the recent upgrade fixes some minor problems that I've been having.