+ Reply to Thread

7135 answers when just checking number

First, yes, the "flip setting" "answer call" is not checked!
    I have had 3 of these 7135's so am pretty familiar with it. Have not had this problem until the last one. It is one of the new versions, although I replaced the antenna with the old one... like it better.

What has happened two times now is this. The phone rings, and I either open the flip to check the number, (or it was open already one of the times), and DON'T answer it (at least not intentionally).....somehow, the person gets connected and can hear what is going on!! Now the strange part is, I can swear I closed the phone after checking the number, and they were connected for longer than the time I had the phone open.

It has happened three times now. Of course if you just let the phone sit there it does not answer itself, it is only when you are futzing with it.
    I cannot seem to duplicate it every time.

Now if the phone is CLOSED after checking the number, and you do not have a hands-free device connected how can this happen? I know sometimes when you slam it shut, the buttons can hit the other side of the clamshell and beep. But I cannot believe the green "answer" button would be active when closed??

I guess I better start using that outside window!!

Anyone have any ideas??

BJBBJB

I believe that folks on this board have said that pressing any of the buttons on the numeric keypad will answer a call, not just the green send button. Maybe you have inadvertently pressed one of the other buttons when you have the flip opened? As far as them staying connected after you close the flip, I don't have a clue on that one.

You may want to run a search on this topic, as another user had a similar problem recently which I think he was able to resolve.
    ---------------
    The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Was the headset conected at the time of the occurence of these events?

Was the headset conected at the time of the occurence of these events?

Why aren't you just using the caller ID screen at the top of the phone? I understand if there are 6 or 7 "Garfunklestiens" in your address book and you don't want to talk to one of them then the caller ID display may be inadequate, but other than that....

-Andrew

Thanks for the ideas group.
    Some answers and a solution.

1) No headseat was plugged in.
    2) Yes the external LCD caller ID does work, however sometimes due to light, etc. I like the larger and lighter display screen.
    3) Have figured out what is going on! If you get a call, and open the flip (with the flip answer off), it will not answer, HOWEVER....
    If you close it with some enthusiasm, even a little, one of the buttons sometimes gets pressed. This in turn, does answer the call even if closed. (It really shoudn't of course since the phone is shut). I have proven this is happening by opening the phone (does not answer) checking the caller ID, closing it hard, waiting 10 seconds or so, and when you open the flip, the call length in fact does say "10 seconds". If you close the flip, the call will end.

I have the newer rev. of the phone. My old one never did it. On the upside, it is nice that these number keys are a little more sensitive than my first rev of the phone, you had to mash those to get them to work! You can actually see this by putting a palm app that works with the keys onscreen and close the phone a few times. It may type a few letters. Again, it only does it when you are a little forceful.

Of course this makes no sense but it is repeateable so real.

Anyway, I stuck some e-grips on either side of the keyboard by the border, now when the phone closes it is a nice soft hit and no keys are pressed.

BJBBJB

Good solution. I'll have to watch out for this little "auto answer" next time my wife calls me at a bar!
    Peter L.