+ Reply to Thread

Door slam problem

Does anyone have this problem. In the car I use a Belkin corded earpiece, nothing special. The phone is not touching anything. It sits securely in the cup holder. When my passenger closes the door, the voice dial activates. I have no idea why. The proplem happened a few times before VZ swapped my phone. Now, with the new re-furbished phone, I happens consistantly. I do not have 7135b, at least I think I don't. The model behind the battery is just 7135.
    MZ1.044
    SZ 1.0.29
    PRL 50143

when I shut my car door, my ipod plugged into the cigarette lighter pauses...
    Larry Ganz
    http://www.jesusreigns.org
    John 3:16

Yup,
    Been happening to me since i got the phone over a year ago. It's basically "waking up" on the sound of the door closing even though the flip is closed.

Sort Of..........

It happens to me when I am wearing a headset in the summer.

But only when I have the top down.........

It appears the wind noise wakes up the phone.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy

Have you tried retraining the "wake up" command while in the car? I haven't had this problem (when I close my door all I get is a closed door), but the voice recognition is much more accurate when the commands are recorded in the same environment in which they will be used.
    My sordid past:

Kyocera 6035, Kyocera 7135, Samsung i700, iPAQ 6315, iPAQ hx4705, Motorola a630, BB 7100t, iPAQ rx3115, JAM 850, BB 8700g, Samsung i320 (just for fun), imate KJAM, TMO SDA, MDA, TMO Wing

Resident Curmudgeon
    Yeah, but trying to simulate that sound that you get with the top ripped off at 250 Kph, with the siren blasting in the door can be tough.

-PatP

Does your headset have the little switch on the side? It's possible the button is being jostled. The other possibility is that the headset plug is wiggling in the jack, which is momentarily disconnecting the contacts and thereby doing the same thing as the button would do.

I've turned off the voice wakeup feature because it makes a faint little click in my earpiece every few seconds while it decides whether I'm talking to it or not. I use the button on the headset cord instead.

-Andrew