+ Reply to Thread

Can I rename my "backup" file on card?

Hello,

Short question with a long explanation:

I love my Kyocera, but there are too many resets, glitches, etc. I think the problem is the apps, so I finally decided to do what I've read about on this site, which is to delete everything then add back in applications one per day until I find conflicts in programs.

I have a great backup of the whole PDA on my memory card (through BackupBuddy). I plan to restore programs one by one with that program.

Here's the $10,000 question: While I am going through this trial period (may be several weeks), is there a way I can re-name my old backup file so that I can backup the CURRENT data without writing over it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Barbara

Sure I do this all the time. I'll create a new folder in the root directory of the SD card, like "\12-21-03-backup" and I'll copy the contents of the Backup folder there. It will serve as a snap shot of the backup at that time. If I need to restore that set I just copy the files back to the backup folder and hit restore.
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

And how....

Sorry to appear so dense, but how do you create another directory? Do you use the "File Manager" application that comes with the palm, or another application.

Thanks again,

Barb

Yes, Personally I use FileZ. It is a free file manager that is more versatile than the built in File manager. Or you can do it from your PC using a card reader.
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Thanks, McGuzzy. I hadn't thought of the palm reader. Even I can use that.

Barbara