+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Message ghost?

Message ghost?

Whenever I receive a voice mail, the asterisk in the upper left corner continues to flash. More annoying, whenever I open the flip cover I see an empty message page with nothing on it but the little sqare at top left. The only way to make it go away is to soft reset. I have cleared the message count and everything else I know. Any ideas?
    Thanks

Yes the only way to get rid of it is a soft reset. Search for blue asterisk to fin other threads that mention this.
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

I received the following -- and it worked! -- from Kyocera Tech Support:

The blinking asterisk may be triggered by another application. Below, I have included basic troubleshooting steps for your issue.

I would like for you to perform a CRASH RESET on your phone.

This will reset the phone to factory settings. You will lose all of your information. Please HotSync before proceeding.

How to Perform a Crash Reset:
    1) Remove the battery from the phone
    2) Press the reset button (located on the top right of where the battery was located)
    [NOTE:] You may wish to place the battery in the secondary charger on the cradle to make sure it has a full charge; this can take up to four hours
    3) Hold down the reset button for one minute
    4) Set the battery back in the phone
    5) Perform a Hard Reset

A crash reset seems a little harsh a solution. I clears for me with a soft reset and then I don't have to reinstall all my data.
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

A soft reset also worked for me...until the next message came in, and then that asterisk was there again even after clearing the message, deleting, resetting message count, etc. The crash reset seemed like overkill, but since then I have received many messages, both email, voice and text. No flashing asterisk!