+ Reply to Thread

sd camera for the 7135

Well, Here I go again. Besides the bummer that is the VEO Camera, is there any other camera for the 7135 that will take stills and video out there?

Resident Curmudgeon
    I kind of like the Kodak DX-4530 myself. It isn't strictly a Kyocera 7135 add-on, but I treat mine like it was one.

I can take shots that are nearly as good as what I can shoot (that's me, not a professional) using film. I can shoot a 1.3 MP (mega pixel) image, swap the SD card into my phone, and can email the shots. Once I get approval, I can crank up to 5 MP and shoot to my heart's content. I can pick and choose amongst those shots, and email in the best of the lot. Later I can bunde up the whole load onto a CD, and snail-mail them all for archiving.

One of the other geeks with a lot more time on his hands than I've got is working on a way to interface the Olympus W-10 to a 7135. If he gets that working, it will be nice, but still only 300 KP, which could be good enough for web sites, but not for publication.

-PatP

kodak dx4530-7135

What do you mean by getting permission for 5mp shots? Can you do it with the 7135 at this resolution?

Never Forget 9/11/01 kerryclair's Avatar
    Why is the VEO a bummer?

Resident Curmudgeon

Re: kodak dx4530-7135

Originally posted by davsar
    What do you mean by getting permission for 5mp shots? Can you do it with the 7135 at this resolution?
    Sometimes I need to take pictures in areas where pictures are not generally allowed (such as areas covered by non-disclosure agreements or DOD/Military rules). When you want to take a picture in that kind of place, you need to first examine the area to find a permissible shot and get the blessing of the local "in charge", then send a copy to someone that can authorize other shots for publication. You want to do those samples at lower resolution to reduce the transmission time, then shoot the actual publication pictures at a higher resolution.

I guess I was being facitious and that didn't come across very well. The Kodak DX-4530 is an actual (stand alone) digital camera that uses an SD card for storage, not a 7135 attachment like the VEO. I take the pictures using the camera, then pop the SD card into my 7135 to email the resulting JPG files using SnapperMail. Sorry for any confusion!

-PatP

The VEO is a bummer because it doesn't have a flash, does not shoot video and generally, the pictures it does take are only so-so in quality

The Veo is to photography what Michael Bolton is to music.
    'nuf said.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

couldn't have said it better myself, Markito, you know I've been on a campaign to find a camera attachement for my 7135 for quite a while, still no luck

Never Forget 9/11/01 kerryclair's Avatar
    Thanks for the input on VEO - keep us posted as to what you decide to settle on as far as the camera goes.

I've still haven't found a camera attachement, but I'm not giving up

Re: kodak dx4530-7135

Originally posted by PatP

The Kodak DX-4530 is an actual (stand alone) digital camera that uses an SD card for storage, not a 7135 attachment like the VEO. I take the pictures using the camera, then pop the SD card into my 7135 to email the resulting JPG files using SnapperMail.

-PatP
    I agree with Pat on this regard. Having extensively searched the internet for a 'good' add-on camera, I have come to the conclusion that using a normal digital camera with an SD/MMC card slot is the best alternative.

One can thus have the advantage of a camera with flash and HiMpixel quality.