+ Reply to Thread

mp3's to desktop

I hope this doesnt's seem lie a stupid question but

I didn't save my playlist on my desktop and want to transfer my mp3's frpm my 7135 to my desktop to hear on my computer at work. Any advise?

Resident Curmudgeon
    I'll presume that you are discussing the built in MP3 player, although the concept is the same for dealing with Bebopper.

The quick and dirty solution is to use a card reader (like a JumpDrive) to copy the files from your SD card to your PC. Then rename the files to remove the .PDB extension, and you are in business!

-PatP

Thanks Pat and if I don't have a card reader????

Resident Curmudgeon
    The first option would be to beg, borrow, or steal a card reader! At around $20 and slightly larger than a package of chewing gum, they aren't normally major problems to buy or carry.

A second option would be to use SnapperMail to email the MP3 files to yourself. Beware: this is literally hundreds of times slower than using a card reader. Sending a 256 Mb card worth of music would take hours!

There are other choices, but they get steadily worse very quickly!

-PatP

Time to get a card reader, much appreciated

The card reader is the way to go! It's much faster and easier to transfer ANYTHING to the card; no more overnight hotsyncing to get your music or movie files to the card.

Thanks, just orered my card reader

Is there a way to improve on the I/O channel or bus of the 7135? I am a non technical type so forgive me if I am doing a poor job of wording my question.

When I open and close programs that reside on the SD card, the response time is very slow. Can this be improved?
    Playmaker -- nuff said...