+ Reply to Thread
    back

Dead keyboard in cradle

Got this in the wrong forum!
    When attempting to do an upgrade, I discovered that the keyboard on this 7135 will not respond while the phone is in the cradle (serial connection). Works fine outside the cradle in all respects. Tried 2 different cradles - no change. Also, recognition of phone by upgrade utility (particularly in Smartphone Download section) is very flaky.
    Also hard reset doesn't erase all data.
    Any thoughts?

I guess I would try doing a crash reset. I don't remember exactly how to do one, though. When I had corrupted my portable keyboard driver, hard resets didn't fully work but a crash reset did.
    ---------------
    The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

back
    I never heard of a "crash reset"
    Palm M515>Kyocera 6035>Kyo 7135>Treo 650>Treo700W>Treo 700P>Palm Centro Verizon

I'm assuming you mean the PHONE keyboard won't work.

If you have the folding keyboard driver installed on the phone, try disabling it. It causes trouble with the cradle sometimes. You just need to re-enable it when you want to use the folding keyboard again.
    Release the Hounds!

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Originally posted by Shea
    I'm assuming you mean the PHONE keyboard won't work.

If you have the folding keyboard driver installed on the phone, try disabling it. It causes trouble with the cradle sometimes. You just need to re-enable it when you want to use the folding keyboard again.
    I never disable my keyboard driver, and it works fine with the keyboard and the cradle whenever I use either one.
    Michael

I assumed he was talking about his phone numeric keypad not working when the phone is in the cradle. After all, he couldn't have the portable keyboard plugged in if the phone is in the cradle.

Unfortunately, ekaxel, I don't remember how to do a crash reset. The tech at kyocera told me over the phone how to perform one. I tried searching here, since there is supposed to be a description in one of the old threads, but couldn't find it.
    ---------------
    The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

back
    I just found out tha the phone is in warranty, so maybe someone else will sort it out. Thanks for all the help guys!
    Palm M515>Kyocera 6035>Kyo 7135>Treo 650>Treo700W>Treo 700P>Palm Centro Verizon