+ Reply to Thread

Question Runnnig 44/23. Is there something more recent?

Phone is VZW currently running 44/23. VZW Corporate store claims I have the latest and greatest. Phone sucks, very unreliable and frequently dies from pulling the battery out to switch. Is there a more stable version? My batteries are not subject to recall either so I know it is not the battery. The phone seems to be very susceptible to "shorting" if the battery switch does not go 100% smooth.

I like the concept of the phone and do not want to switch to anything else VZW offers since they do not have the same functionality as a Palm, plus I have probably over $400 in software invested in this thing. One thing I do not like about the Samsung they want to push me to is the lack of keypad. Seems a bit unsafe if you can't feel the keys at all (not that the 7135 is that great).
    EMT/Fire Fighter - You can't make me go into burning buildings and save lives... I am a volunteer!

South Central PA - the area time forgot when it comes to wireless.

Verizon Treo 650, Lotus Notes, Intellisync, SnapperMail, ThoughtManager, ToDo+, Memo+, MobileEMS, Hazmatter, Street Drugs, finCalc, MinutesPlus, mLights, LEDOff, KeyCaps600, Palm Insider, BackUp Buddy, Documents To Go

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    44/29 is the current firmware version. So, it appears you have only half of the current software.

For changing the battery, first make sure that you plug the phone into a power source of some sort for a while every couple days. That's the only way the internal backup source will get charged. Next, make sure you power off BOTH the phone side and the PDA side before changing batteries.
    Michael

In fact I would hazard to guess that some of the problems your having may be related to having not having the match set of the Palm and phone side firmware revs. The phone and palm sides are fairly tightly integrated and Updating one without the other can lead to unexpected results, or so as has bee reported in the past. I suggest you go back to VZW and have your phone reflashed to get both the PHONE and the PALM firmware updated.
    mg

I thought this might be the case...

Originally posted by SilvrDrgn
    44/29 is the current firmware version. So, it appears you have only half of the current software.
    I am not surprised that VZW would have screwed this up previously. My store is not the slickest in the country (not that many of them are!). I will see what they say... they are trying to find a replacement phone for me right now since I am still on my original phone.

Thanks for the confirmation!

Alex
    EMT/Fire Fighter - You can't make me go into burning buildings and save lives... I am a volunteer!

South Central PA - the area time forgot when it comes to wireless.

Verizon Treo 650, Lotus Notes, Intellisync, SnapperMail, ThoughtManager, ToDo+, Memo+, MobileEMS, Hazmatter, Street Drugs, finCalc, MinutesPlus, mLights, LEDOff, KeyCaps600, Palm Insider, BackUp Buddy, Documents To Go