+ Reply to Thread
    back

Address Book App

Is there an address book app like the Address Book R in the 6035 that integrates with the phone and provides scrolling through the entries rather than the cumbersome stepping?

I'm not sure what you mean....

This works for me and allows for one handed dialing without a stylus. See if it answers your needs.

Press the hard "phone" button once to bring up the phone book application.

It will either bring up "All" your entries, or the last category of entries, depending on how you have your preferences set. I have HUNDREDS of entries, so I always use the category view. Most often, I use the "Personal" category to call my friends and relatives, so I have my preferences set to "Remember Last Category"

If not in the category you want, push the hard button again . You will scroll through your categories until you get to your choice.

Once you select the category, use the up or down jog key to scroll through your entries.

Added From GWW2: You can go to listings starting with a letter of the alphabet by using the keypad. For example to go immediately to "W", press the "9" key once. To go to "K", prss the "5" twice, etc.

When you highlight the person you want, hit the green "Send" key and the phone will dial the number for you.

If you have several phone numbers for a given person, such as home, work, mobile, and the default display is something other than what you want, press the OK button to bring up the detail record. You can then use the jog button to scroll through the detail record to select a different number. Then hit the green "Send" key and the phone will dial the number you've chosen.

I evaluated Takephone and for me, this is just as easy.

BUT, there are a lot of people who prefer Takephone. You might want to give that a try.

REV 1---I forgot to add, if you find yourself in a detail view and you want to get out, you need to hit the OK button twice. The first will bring you to edit the detials, and if you don't make any changes, the second will bring you back to the "List" view.

Added From TheBeachBoy: A one-button way to do this is to hit the "clear" button.

REV 2--Cleaned up the verbage and added improvements from other contributors.

Last edited by Schavlan; 02-11-2004 at 10:37 AM.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy

Giddyup, Giddyup, Giddyup 7135 TheBeachBoy's Avatar

Re: I'm not sure what you mean....

Originally posted by Schavlan
    REV 1---I forgot to add, if you find yourself in a detail view and you want to get out, you need to hit the OK button twice. The first will bring you to edit the detials, and if you don't make any changes, the second will bring you back to the "List" view.
    A one-button way to do this is to hit the "clear" button.
    Last edited by TheBeachBoy; 02-11-2004 at 06:05 PM.
    TheBeachBoy

--The World's Greatest Drummer--
    Drummer for the Fondells

Bravo Schavlan, excellent description. I think too many people are not aware of this ability and beleive you must use the stylus to navigate this app.

You can go to listings starting with a letter of the alphabet by using the keypad. For example to go immediately to "W", press the "9" key once. To go to "K", prss the "5" twice, etc.

Don't know if this is documented. Just tried it and it worked.

GWW

back
    Thank you all. But I would still like it to scroll with a scrollbar like Address R on the 6035.
    Palm M515>Kyocera 6035>Kyo 7135>Treo 650>Treo700W>Treo 700P>Palm Centro Verizon