+ Reply to Thread

Digitizer "Dead" Spot Issue

I have been having an issue with the digitizer on my 7135. It seems that in the lower left corner of the screen, it's off by a few pixels. It's almost like there is a dead spot where it's just plain off, even if the rest of the screen is accurate. Re-running the digitizer prefs seems to have no effect whatsoever. I have tested this using the simple included memos utility (since it's on every phone). I draw some simple dots and lines, and look underneath the stylus to see where the dots and lines actually appear. on my current phone, it seems to be about 3-4 dots off. This is equal to 8 or so pixels at least, I imagine, and would explain why I have been getting a C when I really wanted an X. If you have the default keyboard up, it's the area covering ASD and ZXC keys. I am sure a screenprotector would affect this a little, but not this much.

I just got a replacement phone because of this problem and the new one is significantly worse, as the problem exists even in the silkscreen area. This is terribly annoying, especially if you are trying to edit a document, so bad that I am going to send the replacement back.

Is anyone else having this issue? Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: After some more of my UNprofessional testing , I have determined that it is NOT the screen protector causing this at all., but the digitizer itself. I pulled the protector out and did a hard reset of the phone (memory wipe) and the problem still exists.
    Last edited by Copasetic; 02-11-2004 at 03:45 PM.
    Nothing lasts forever, except true love. If it does not last, it wasn't true....

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Sounds like you need another replacement.
    Michael

Yes, sigh, I love this thing too much to switch, so I called yet again heh.
    Nothing lasts forever, except true love. If it does not last, it wasn't true....