+ Reply to Thread

programming 7135 as a synthesizer

Hi. I have been thinking about how to use the 7135 as a player for real-time synthezized sounds, such as a keyboard or sampler. We know the 7135 can play .mp3's. Somwhere in the OS the mp3's get decoded and data gets sent somewhere to play. I want to program a waveform generating program and send the output directly to the "sound card". I know there is one and I think it is possible, but there is no public information available. I called Kyocera, and they do not answer any questions outside of giving their public Developer API's. These contain only one function to play an .mp3 file. But I think if you could reverse-engineer part of the 7135 ROM's, you could find the entry points to be able to control the sound output. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Marco

Boy you and a few other developers I know would love to have access to the sound codecs and chips on the 7135. It would open up so many other programing possibilities. Like being able to create voice memos that could be saved as a standard audio file. etc. But alas I've not seen any reference to those things being generally available. So good luck figuring it.
    mg

Aaron T.
    mzrino, I'm a L.B based musician using the 7135 and I agree, this would be equivalent to the the holy grail lol. . .

Cheers,

T.
    http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group...tshouseofsoul/