+ Reply to Thread

Question Avantgo channels

Hello fellow Palm PDA devotees!I just got my 7135 on Monday,finally upgrading from my beloved but hard to read 6035.I thought about the Treo 600 but I prefer Graffitii over tiny keyboards, and i looked at the I500 but it has no speakerphone!Anyway,here's my question:I subcribe to several channels on Avantgo.com(RolllingStone,NYTimes,Accuweather) and the font size of the characters on some of the pages is so tiny you can't read it!When I loaded the same channels on my 6035 the text was normal sized and readable.The MAIN reason I finally upgraded was because I thought a color screen would be easier to read but if my Avantgo pages are too tiny to read I might go back to the 6035.Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.

What version of Avantgo are you using? I am using version 4.2 build 1165 without any problems. I subscribe to both Accuweather and the NY times. The font characters are a normal, readable size for the pages from both channels.

I have my font settings under Options set to "System Variable" for the "Variable" setting and "Avantgo Fixed" for the "Fixed" setting. You may want to check and adjust the settings in the software verision you have to see if it has any effect, or consider upgrading to a newer version of Avantgo if you are on a version prior to 4.2.

DrJ
    I agree with genec. I have those same settings (using Avantgo 4.2, build 1135), and have had no trouble at all reading any of my Avantgo channels.

Talking

genec and Dr. J,

Thanks much for the help.I went to the Avantgo site and found out that the build I had was for Mac users!I downloaded 4.2,,build 1165 and now I can read my channels again!My eyes thank you.

pobrecito

and I'll add my confirmation that AvantGo works just fine on my 7135, with an adequate font size to be comfortably readable. I have AvantGo version 4.2 build 1165.
    Dave