+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sync error

Sync error

Upon advice at several websites, I am trying to replace Graffiti 2 with the Graffiti original. I get the following error message when trying to install 2 files. I'd appreciate any help in resolving this - It sure seemed simple, but the install doesn't take.

ERROR Log:
    HotSync operation started 02/12/04 19:46:53
    - Install failed: C:\Program Files\Palm\GolambR\Install\Graffiti_Library.PRC
    Install synchronization failed
    Protocol Error: Read-only. (4009)
    ---------------------------------------------------
    LINK: http://users.wpi.edu/~ahecht/palm.html

File 1: Graffiti Library.prc, size: 30k, creator: grft
    File 2: Graffiti Library_enUS.prc, size 22k, creator: grft
    -- Copy the above 2 files to the target handheld you want to install original Graffiti on. Then, perform a soft reset (simply press the devices reset pin), and you're set to start enjoying original Graffiti again.

Re: Sync error

Originally posted by Boblax
    Upon advice at several websites, I am trying to replace Graffiti 2 with the Graffiti original.
    If you do a search on the forum you will find that many have tried and many have failed. Most have turned to alternatives, such as TealScript or Jot.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

I am now trying TEALSCRIPT, which seems to quite similar to regular Graffiti. By the way, now that Xerox apparently owns the rights to Graffiti, does anyone know what they plan to do with it? I am not sure they know what to do.

Wasn't it Steve Jobs (Apple) who saw an interface at Xerox her liked many years ago and then used it to start Apple? It seems like Xerox is really on the ball when it comes to implementing good systems.
    Iphone 3GS 16g

Originally posted by Boblax
    By the way, now that Xerox apparently owns the rights to Graffiti, does anyone know what they plan to do with it? I am not sure they know what to do.
    Rumour is that they licensed it to MS for PPC.