+ Reply to Thread

How to switch 7135 service ?

Hi -

I am shopping for a 7135 to replace my 6035.

Can someone explain to me what is involved to switch a phone configured for a different carrier to Verizon? I see phones out there for U.S. Cellular, Alltel, nTelos... can some be switched over to Verizon service without jumping through too many flaming hoops?

Thanks!
    Ralph

Re: How to switch 7135 service ?

Originally posted by RalphEBurns
    Hi -

I am shopping for a 7135 to replace my 6035.

Can someone explain to me what is involved to switch a phone configured for a different carrier to Verizon? I see phones out there for U.S. Cellular, Alltel, nTelos... can some be switched over to Verizon service without jumping through too many flaming hoops?

Thanks!
    Ralph
    Converting a 7135 from a different carrier to Verizon can be accomplished with a minimum of hoop jumping. My 7135 was originally configured for Alltel. All it took was a 5 minute phone call to Verizon CS and a small amount of over-the-air programming and I was up and running.
    Dave

back
    SPC on any phone you buy must be 000000 (unlocked) or you WILL have grief. As a rule, Verizon and Alltel are OK, some of the Canadian ones are not.
    Palm M515>Kyocera 6035>Kyo 7135>Treo 650>Treo700W>Treo 700P>Palm Centro Verizon

How do you check the SPC on a phone??? I am a Canadian user selling my phone and would like to sell it to US users as well. Thanking you in advance.

Nathan...

Nathan,

Dial "111111" to get into programming. Unlocked if programming code is "000000" or "123456". If not, I'm not sure how to get your carrier to give you the unlock code. I think you have to call up and play dumb, citing system lock-up, etc. and get them to give it to you.