+ Reply to Thread

Speed Dial and recent calls

I can't synchonize the speed dial. I have any way to do this?
    In the recent calls i see the numbers, but i can't see the names from my address book..
    Last edited by rasolrac; 02-15-2004 at 02:52 PM.

Re: Speed Dial and recent calls

Originally posted by rasolrac
    I can't synchonize the speed dial. I have any way to do this?
    What are you trying to sync the speed dial to - the desktop address book app?

In the recent calls i see the numbers, but i can't see the names from my address book..
    In Phone Prefs, do you have Quick Contact Match checked? In Call History under Options\Preferences do you have "Don't show name in summary" checked?

recent calls

thnak you.
    I have alredy check quick list, i don't have checked "don't show name in summary" and i have checked "disable automatic name lockup", so may be i need to clear the check at "disable name loockup". I'm trying now with this.
    Do you know when the "speed dial synchronize feature" may be available?
    thanks again

Re: recent calls

Originally posted by rasolrac
    thnak you.
    I have alredy check quick list, i don't have checked "don't show name in summary" and i have checked "disable automatic name lockup", so may be i need to clear the check at "disable name loockup". I'm trying now with this.
    Do you know when the "speed dial synchronize feature" may be available?
    thanks again
    If you uncheck the "disable automatic name lookup" it will probably not do anything for the calls you already have in recent calls. You will have to see if it has an effect on your next incoming or outgoing call.

I sync to Outlook and, as far as I know, there are no plans to sync up the speed dial, nor am I sure what benefit it would provide if it did. If you're looking for it to sync so you have a backup, you probably would be better off with a good backup software package. I use BackupBuddy myself and found out firsthand this weekend how invaluable it can be. There are a number of other products out there that others have recommended and you can do a search on the forum to find those. Good luck!!

Your speed dial information (kwc_SpeedDialDB.pdb) is backed up by default when you hotsync. If you search your backup directory and do not see it, there are many freware file management programs (like Filez) that allow you to set the backup bit of any file so that it is saved every hotsync.

Originally posted by Rstyle
    Your speed dial information (kwc_SpeedDialDB.pdb) is backed up by default when you hotsync. If you search your backup directory and do not see it, there are many freware file management programs (like Filez) that allow you to set the backup bit of any file so that it is saved every hotsync.
    Mea culpa, I forgot that both the Speed Dial and Voice Tags are backed up when you sync. However, I have seen posts where folks have had issues restoring these after a Hard Reset. I personally have had no experience with that, as I've just recently had my first HR since owning the phone and restored from BBVFS.