+ Reply to Thread

Question Phone no longer making the three note chime when syncing?

So somewhere along the long my Smartphone stopped making the three note ascending chime that occurs when a sync starts (there may have also been a three note descending chime when the sync ends, but I don't remember anymore). It still makes the two note chime when I place the phone in the cradle, rings correctly, the whole nine yards.

Does anyone know what's going on? Have I somehow mis-set a preference?

Thanks!

ep
    Or better, yet, could you tell us how you got those chimes to stop?

Did you recently install anything that changes system sounds? I know there are some programs that will do it, but I haven't found a free one, yet.

Any new hacks or launchers or anything?
    --ep

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    To get those sounds to stop on my 7135, I registered and installed a hack called "TechSounds". It allows for changing or disabling quite a few sound related things on the 7135. Works great! Note, doing it this way does not require that the 7135 be put in silent mode. So, only the sounds you want to change or turn off are affected (not all of them, as with silent mode).
    Last edited by SilvrDrgn; 02-16-2004 at 09:05 AM.
    Michael

When my 7135 is in silent mode, no sounds are made during a hot sync. If I have sounds enabled on my phone, then the sync sounds are enabled.

Jeff

Nope, no programs.

Originally posted by ep
    Did you recently install anything that changes system sounds? I know there are some programs that will do it, but I haven't found a free one, yet.
    Nope, I haven't installed anything (as far as I can remember) that changes system sounds.

Funny you should post about wanting yours off . . . when I'm posting about wanting them /back/.

Hmn.

Originally posted by jt999
    When my 7135 is in silent mode, no sounds are made during a hot sync. If I have sounds enabled on my phone, then the sync sounds are enabled.

Jeff
    Hmmmmmmn.

Does silent mode only turn off the ascending / descending three note chime, or other sounds? Specifically, you know the two note chime you hear when you simply set the phone down correctly in the cradle? Does /that/ sound turn off in silent mode or not?

(If not, we may have found the culprit . . . )

Yes those are silent in silent mode.
    My sordid past:

Kyocera 6035, Kyocera 7135, Samsung i700, iPAQ 6315, iPAQ hx4705, Motorola a630, BB 7100t, iPAQ rx3115, JAM 850, BB 8700g, Samsung i320 (just for fun), imate KJAM, TMO SDA, MDA, TMO Wing

Please specify the whole nine yards

This may seem simplistic, but under PDA Preferences, the "General" Tab, you can turn off the system sounds.
    This still allows for the phone to ring, and enables the two beep plug chime, but shuts off the hotsynch sounds. It also turns off the other system sounds, such as when you open and close the flip, or the button tones, but you may have silenced them separately under other menus.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy