+ Reply to Thread

dial before number

I dial always a zero (0) before any call. The problem is when the kyo is dialing i can't see the name of the people who i'm calling, because the number of this people plus a zero not match any address entry. But i need that because when a call is arriving the number come without the zero. So i think i should have an option for the "dial before number" like "do you want this number for the caller ID when you are making a call". In my call history all my exiting calls don't match any entry of my address book because the leading zero.

Re: dial before number

Originally posted by rasolrac
    I dial always a zero (0) before any call.
    Why do you dial a 0 before every call? You might look in Phone Prefs in the Dialing dropdown. There are options for appending numbers.

dial before number

I'm not at USA. When i'm in my city i don't need the leading zero for local calls , but if i put the leading zero to all calls i have no problem. For long distance calls i need the leading zero. When i'm not in my city always i need to put the leading zero por all calls. So if i put a zero before all calls i don't need to make any change if i'm in my town or not. When i'm making a call the the leading zero is added to the number that i have i my address book so the number is changed and the name of the contact is not found. I think if an option for this is made that will be a good option.

Re: dial before number

Originally posted by rasolrac
    So if i put a zero before all calls i don't need to make any change if i'm in my town or not.
    Then you might want to try the Dialing options in Phone Prefs. Perhaps one of the options will work for you. Good luck!

There are also some options for configuring "a dial before number" in Takephone's preferences. Just curious, rasolrac what country are you using your 7135.
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

dial before number

Hi, thanks for your answer.
    I'm in argentina at buenos aires city.