+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CWG

7135 MP3 Player

Dear Forum,

The MP3 player I have with the Kyocera 7135 seems to be buggy and the audio is not very good. Is there a 3rd party one on the market that works with the 7135? Most of the ones out there only seem to work with the latest version of the Palm OS which the 7135 does not have.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Simple answer - Bebopper. Check it out at http://www.belltools.com. Once you have that, you'll never look back at the stock, built-in 7135 MP3 player ever again.
    Michael

Listen to SilvrDrgn - you definitely want BeBopper. Hands-down the best.
    >thg.
    I want an MPx with PalmOS supporting EV-DO on Verizon!! Is anybody listening?? :splat: 8)

"An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered." - G. K. Chesterton

Yet another endorsement here... One of the 7135 software "essentials" in nearly everyone's book here.
    Peter L.

And......one more fan...
    My sordid past:

Kyocera 6035, Kyocera 7135, Samsung i700, iPAQ 6315, iPAQ hx4705, Motorola a630, BB 7100t, iPAQ rx3115, JAM 850, BB 8700g, Samsung i320 (just for fun), imate KJAM, TMO SDA, MDA, TMO Wing

I'll throw in my vote as well! Beebopper is the way to go!
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

I am looking for a way to upload to my phone from a Mac any ideas?

Originally posted by Kferkin
    I am looking for a way to upload to my phone from a Mac any ideas?
    Get an SD card and a card reader/writer. Put it on the card. Insert card in 7135. Copy to 7135. Done.
    Michael

Aaron T.
    Just adding another vote of support for Bebopper.
    Aside from the already mentioned reasons it beats the stock MP3 Player, it:

1. has better bass and treble controls

2. You can change the order of your tracks, once they have been copied to your SD card by simply creating a new playlist. Tip: Bebopper plays the tracks in reverse order so, the MP3 you want to hear first should be added to the playlist last.

3. The Dyna bass feature helps to boost the bottom (if you're like me, you are not 100% satisfied with the bass response of the factory headset) and this helps.

T.

Question Bebopper and sound quality

It's clear from pdaPhoneHome users and the Bell Tools website that Bebopper has far better features and more "bells and whistles" than the stock Kyocera MP3 Player, but is the audio quality any better? After all, that's the most important criteria for any MP3 player. Thanks.

Re: Bebopper and sound quality

Originally posted by Antares
    It's clear from pdaPhoneHome users and the Bell Tools website that Bebopper has far better features and more "bells and whistles" than the stock Kyocera MP3 Player, but is the audio quality any better? After all, that's the most important criteria for any MP3 player. Thanks.
    Bebopper and the built-in player use the 7135's hardware MP3 decoder, so the audio theoretically shouldn't differ appreciably when you follow a few rules. As a general rule of thumb, limit constant bitrate encodings to 128kbps, or keep VBR encodings at a standard preset. If you hear too much "stuttering," aka buffer underruns, lower the bitrate of your tracks.

Also, don't base anything on the external speaker; it's range is very limited. Even with headphones, adjustment of the treble, bass and volume settings help tremendously. With the built-in player, the bass and treble settings sometimes get reset -- despite visually appearing correct -- which makes the audio sound "flat." Bebopper employs a workaround for this problem that avoids forcing users to reset the controls.

Jonathan,
    You forgot to mention your DynaBass option in Bebopper. That makes music sound incredibly better than the stock MP3 player when using headphones!!
    Michael

Problem with the MP3 Player

I am haveing a problem playing mp3's, when I try play them they sound like they are skipping. Does anyone have anyone suggestions as to how I can solve this problem? Thanks for your help!

my mp3 player sounds as if the songs are skipping, do you think that bebopper will eliminate this problem?

lastop
    What bit rate are your MP3's encoded at? The 7135 plays best with MP3's encoded at 128 and below.... check the FAQ's for detailed info on how-tos etc.
    mg

MGUZZY, how would i go about encoding at a different rate? I am new to all this high tech stuff, i appreciate your help.

I'm partial to an application called DBpowerAmp:
    www.dbpoweramp.com
    I find it simple straight forward and let's you rip CD audio inaddition to resample MP3's to a different bit rate.
    mg

I prefer All2LAME, but it is definitely not for novices, and requires you to have the LAME.DLL already installed. You should also be familiar with LAME's preset options.
    Peter L.

lastop, I too had skipping problems - until I got Bebopper. In a word, yes, getting it probably will fix your problems. Bitrates are a factor but Bebopper is still much improved over the standard player and no Kyo user should be without it.
    >thg.
    I want an MPx with PalmOS supporting EV-DO on Verizon!! Is anybody listening?? :splat: 8)

"An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered." - G. K. Chesterton

Well, I got Bebopper but I still have the skipping, now i need to figure out how to change the rate at which the mp3's are encoded. Any suggestions?