+ Reply to Thread
    CWG

7135 MP3 Player to Car Stereo

Does anyone have a way to get stereo sound from the Kyocera 7135 to my car stereo? I used a connector from Radio Shack that converted the size so I could use one of those cassette adapters but it only plays mono and seems to not make a very good connection and then appeared to affect the PDA in odd ways. I also used headsets with this connector and got sound in only one side of the headset. Kyocera basically stated they don't warrant anything will work with their phone but their headset.

Thanks for your help.

Kyo's headset jack uses special connectors and requires a special adapter. You can get one from user CoolCat or PC-Mobile. I've used the PC-Mobile version with an RCA cassette adapter just fine, though the volume wasn't very high. If that's a problem check out www.boostaroo.com
    >thg.
    I want an MPx with PalmOS supporting EV-DO on Verizon!! Is anybody listening?? :splat: 8)

"An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered." - G. K. Chesterton

In conjunction with one of the aforementioned adapters, you can also use one of those devices that transmits the stereo output to a channel on your FM radio. They sell them at radio shack as well.
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Most of the FM transmitters aren't very good.

I'd say buy a new cassette adaptor. I've used one for years and mine sounds good with stereo sound.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

CWG
    Markito,

What brand of Cassette adapter did you buy?

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    I used to connect my 7135 to my truck stereo via one of coolcat's adapters to a cassette adapter that I bought from Radio Shack. Now that my new truck has no cassette player, I'm going to have to get one of those RF things for playing through the FM radio.
    Michael

Talking

Reason #48 for owning the satisfyingly ugly Honda Element:
    1/8" (3.5mm) input jack right in the dash.