+ Reply to Thread
    CWG

Email through 7135

Dear Forum,

Is there a product available for receiving email from my ISP to my 7135 as soon as it arrives? Or do I need to constantly dial in and check it? I have a business application where I would need mail to alert me when it has arrives and I use BTI for my ISP.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

I'm not aware of any "push" e-mail option for a 7135. But there are services that will notify you via SMS when you get mail, as I recall.
    >thg.
    I want an MPx with PalmOS supporting EV-DO on Verizon!! Is anybody listening?? :splat: 8)

"An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered." - G. K. Chesterton

Snappermail also has an option called Autodelivery that allows you to fetch mail at intervals that you select.

You can just create a Rule in Outlook:

I tell the rule to forward messages (either from a certain person or from everyone) to:

To my SMS address on my cell phone.

Only caviot is: Outlook must be up an running for this to work. I just launch it in the morning, do a CTL+ALT+Delete and lock the machine up.

It works well....

There is also a limitation in the number of charichters for SMS, but it is a good "alarm" to tell you that the email came. Of course, the original email is still in your inbox.

-Patrick
    Need gift ideas?

Check out http://www.mynextclick.com

Palm has entered into an agreement with RIM (Blackberry) to provide Blackberry email functionality on the Palm platform. It is supposed to be out sometime in the middle of the year.

I only hope that this functionality will apply to Palm OS 4.1 and will be useable on the 7135.

Patrick - If could explain this...

When I tried to set this up, I configured the rule, but e-mails don't actually show up at my cell phone. I can send e-mail to the same e-mail address that it is supposed to forward to and I receive those e-mails. The only thing I can assume is that it has something to do with the fact that the e-mail isn't actually destined for that e-mail address, so Verizon doesn't deliver it. If you could give more information on how you setup Outlook to forward, etc.

Originally posted by pkaine
    You can just create a Rule in Outlook:

I tell the rule to forward messages (either from a certain person or from everyone) to:

To my SMS address on my cell phone.

Only caviot is: Outlook must be up an running for this to work. I just launch it in the morning, do a CTL+ALT+Delete and lock the machine up.

It works well....

There is also a limitation in the number of charichters for SMS, but it is a good "alarm" to tell you that the email came. Of course, the original email is still in your inbox.

-Patrick

You need to leave Outlook up and running for the rule to be applied. (unless it is a server side rule... which your mail admin could setup for you in about 1/100th of the time it would take him to QA any other Palm based mail app you may be considering.)
    Peter L.

Resident Curmudgeon
    Following up on Peter's idea about having your mail administrator set your Exchange server to redirect the message(s) for you, see TechNet for a full description of the process.

-PatP

How To Set Up Outlook Rule To Forward to your Cell

Create an entry in your address book for your cell phone's email address. Mine is XXX@vtext.com (XXX = my cell #)

Open Outlook and go to
    Tools
    Rules Wizard
    New
    Check Messages when they arrive
    Sent Only To Me
    Forward it to People on Distribution List
    Next
    Next
    Finish

Let me know if you need anything else.

-Patrick