+ Reply to Thread

7135 Meltdown-WARNING!!!

I bought my 7135 the first day available at Verizon in Santa Monica, CA last year. Never a problem till yesterday.

The phone is in constant "searching" mode. Had done a roam update, verizon tech service could not help, went into the Santa Monica verizon store today, they say its a Kyocera problem with the phonbe itself and I need to have it replaced since Verizon doesn't carry the 7135 right now.

Has anyone had this "searching" problem with the 7135????
    Last edited by drewpub; 02-16-2004 at 08:58 PM.

back
    I had one like that . It is at the refurb shop now. Be interesting to see if they fixed it.
    How did you do a roam update if it was searching (didn't ever connec to a cell)?
    Palm M515>Kyocera 6035>Kyo 7135>Treo 650>Treo700W>Treo 700P>Palm Centro Verizon

Really, weird this just started yesterday, but was intermitent, when I had phone capability, I did the X228 roam update, but another moment later, went into searh mode with message, "service required, contact provider", my cell bill is all paid up, no battery recall problem. Kyocera closed for holiday.

I'm hoping they will overnight me a new 7135 tomorrow after I call them.

I live in Orange County, CA and have noticed the same problem within the past week. I can go 10 to 15 minutes in a searching mode and then it just starts working again. I recently updated to the new PRL. I'm wondering if this isn't causing the problem.

prl/roam update from the *228 was done yesterday, but didn't help

I had the searching message too in NJ. I called VZW tech line and they said bring it in to the store. Since I don't want to lose my phone (with no replacement options) I tried a hard reset and used backup buddy to get my stuff back.

So far so good.

Think this was discussed before not sure if it was resolved but do a search for "service required, contact provider" read what comes up. might have some answers for you. Good Luck !

I had the same problem, the only way to get service back was to shut it off and turn it back on. VZW replaced it, then that one died a couple of months later with a diff problem.
    Larry Ganz
    http://www.jesusreigns.org
    John 3:16

Well, a day later and since the hard reset the phone is still working fine. No contact service provider message or searching message.

I have been using the phone and Snappermail.

7135 Meldown

Had a new 7135 overnighted to me from Kyocera today, I had to pay $700 on my credit card till my old one is sent back to Kyocera.

They may still charge me $30 to do a diagnosis on the old 7135, but glad I'mm up and running with my new 7135

Searching ...

I had the very same searching problem twice, a few months apart. I'm in the Los Angeles area and experienced the problem driving all the way from Pacific Palisades, through Santa Monica, all the way to El Segundo (a good 15 miles, or so, through a major metroplitan area, for those unfamiliar with the geography). Now, get this: each time occurred on the same night of the week (Wednesday) and at approximately the same time of night ... that seemed strange to me. In each case, the problem cleared itself several hours later (regardless of how many hard resets I did to get it to work, initially). After the second instance, back in December, I used the experience to justify a replacement phone ... at the Thousand Oaks store ... no questions asked. The replacement phone failed within days ... the next replacement is still up and running with no problems.

I never did find out what the issue was ...

dL