+ Reply to Thread

BeBopper - after a soft reset/battery change need to hotsync?

I've had problems running my registered copy of BeBopper after a softreset (such as after changing batteries).

To test it, I just ran a test:
    1. Ran BeBopper to confirm that 1.1.3 works fine.
    2. Exit Bebopper (go to ZLauncher)
    3. Remove and replace battery
    4. Wait for soft reset to finish
    5. Run BeBopper

At this point it takes about 10 seconds of white screen before saying "The trial period of Bebopper MP3 player has expired... Register now?"

I click OK to try to enter my code and after another 5 or so seconds of a another blank white screen I get a message, "Error retrieving Device ID!"

It then kicks back to ZLauncher.

I am running SZ 1.0.23 and MZ 1.0.36.

-----------------
    After running hotsync it worked fine again and recognized my registration/device ID.

Is this standard behavior of BeBopper?

Is there a way to make BeBopper immune to this or to fix this without a hotsync?

Thanks,
    Tim

Is your phone set to power on after a reset? Watch your external LCD or the red LEDs. After it's blinked and the LCD has updated, you shouldn't have this problem. I've seen it to varying degrees with different firmware revisions if the phone is not set to turn back after a reset.

Thanks for the very quick response.

You are right, I have it set to keep the phone off after a reset. Turning the phone on solves the problem.

Perhaps the device ID is set by either hotsync or phone and doing a reset without having it power on then leaves device ID blank.

Sounds like an FAQ item.

Hmm... a FAQ. I'm still trying to find time to put together a decent one.

Better to have made a great program than a great FAQ and BeBopper certainly qualifies as a great program for the 7135!