+ Reply to Thread

Fails to notify me of Voice Mail.

How do I get my phone to notify me when I have voice mail? Everyone I talk to says it just happens automatically. Well it doesn't happen for me at all. Is there some setup that I need to do?

Re: Fails to notify me of Voice Mail.

Originally posted by kjcook
    How do I get my phone to notify me when I have voice mail? Everyone I talk to says it just happens automatically. Well it doesn't happen for me at all. Is there some setup that I need to do?
    When you say it doesn't notify you, do you mean at all? No indication in the caller id area, no alert sounded? Or, do you get one and not the other?

If you go into the message app, you can select Voicemail from the menu. You can choose several settings for vm notification, including diabling it. Check here first.
    My sordid past:

Kyocera 6035, Kyocera 7135, Samsung i700, iPAQ 6315, iPAQ hx4705, Motorola a630, BB 7100t, iPAQ rx3115, JAM 850, BB 8700g, Samsung i320 (just for fun), imate KJAM, TMO SDA, MDA, TMO Wing

That is correct. No indication what so ever. Nothing!

Originally posted by kjcook
    That is correct. No indication what so ever. Nothing!
    If you have already looked in the options for Voice Mail from the Messages application, as harleyxlc suggested, and confirmed that it is not disabled, it sounds like a carrier issue.

Sometimes your carrier can fix this problem. I had the same thing happen to me and I called verizon who reset my voicemail and then I started receiving my messages.
    esmass:p