+ Reply to Thread

Verizon question

I will be moving and want to port over my lan phone number to Verizon. I want to add this second number to the second NAM on my 7135. The guy at the store told me that although the phone was capable, Verizon would not add a second phone number to the phone. Is this true? Sounds like the guy just didn't want to bother.

Administrator
    its true.

We have heard this before. I am not sure what VZW's problem is with dual NAM, but it is like pulling teeth to get them to do it.

You do realize that only one NAM will be active at any given time. Calls will go to voice mail for the inactive NAM and you won't get a voice mail notification until you switch NAMs.

Alan

Yes, I have 2 really easy phone numbers and I just want to hold on to them. So, to summerize, it is possible - but they don't want to?

Administrator
    technically its possible but its an uphill battle.

Thanks for your responses.

I have an Alltel 7135. It came with both NAMS enabled. My understanding from talking with our Kyocera rep is that the Verizon software load did not have 2 nams. Do they?

At any rate, I am using both nams. It is easy to set up. However, it may be a challenge to get two numbers from the same provider attached to one ESN.

In my case I have a Verizon number on NAM2 and a Alltel number on NAM1.

I just called them for the new number. I gave them my ESN on the phone. They gave me my Verizon number. I switched to NAM2 and dialed *228. It programed without a hitch.

So now when I am in Verizon land I can use the EN and Mobile to Mobile minutes.

My only wish for this is that someone would make an Auto NAM feature in the phone. Most phones with dual NAM have that. So when either NAM gets a call it automatically switches to that NAM.

Hope this helps.

Thank you