+ Reply to Thread

Can you believe what 7135's sell for on Ebay?!

I bought mine on Ebay a couple of weeks ago and have been extremely happy with it. I payed $450 using the BuyItNow (didn't want to wait) and it came with EVERYTHING including hands-free kit/charger, leather case, additional stylus. There's one going right now and it's up to $550 with 29 bids -- and there's still 23 hours left to go in the auction!

I'm thoroughly sold on the 7135. What a great pda phone.

Somehow I do believe you. I think the market is showing the 7135 to be a more sought after phone that people realize. Or it maybe a price blip while Vzw has the phone on hold during the battery recall. Personally I think it is the former. Yeah there are a few things here or there that could be added to this phone but there is still nothing out there that matches the feature set and form of this puppy!
    Just makes me happy I got mine for $299 when I did.
    mg

The Kyocera is well worth the prices that are advertised on E-bay, and there's enough smart buyers out there to know that. I got one a month or so ago for $450 - brand new in box, and was delighted. Over a year's use, it breaks down to less than $40.00 per month for phone, organizer, toy, alarm, recorder, mobile office, e-mail............ it's a bargain.

Only thing it doesn't have is camera, but I don't expect my phone to be able to send grainy pictures to my friends.

For all of the complaining and problems with availability, I wouldn't trade my Kyo for any other product out there.

Ummm... that's not saying I'm not open to new technology in the future. Kyocera 7145 perhaps?

Barb

Hi, I just bought my 7135 on Ebay and recieved it on Wednesday, I love it so far as it is replacing my 6035. It didn't come cheaply as I too did use the buy it now option and paid $500.00 for mine but I do think they are well worth the price. Just my two cents.

Talking

I pretty much stole a 7135 on eBay a week ago... $204!

The description of the phone said it was unstable and required frequent resets. Only came with a car charger and (wrong!) travel charger. Thanks to this forum, I decided to take a chance on it, and hope Verizon could upgrade it to current software and save it. When I recevied the phone it had ancient software: o series for both the phone and PDA. Might well have been a Verizon beta unit.

That plan ALMOST worked... I took it in to the local VZW store on Sunday and asked for the upgrade. An hour and a half later, the tech says, "there's a snafu with your upgrade. The screen display has shifted." So yesterday I received a brand new (refurb?) unit courtesy of Verizon

I've bought a cradle and hands free car kit. Just need a correct travel charger and USB cable for using it as a modem for my laptop while on the road. Oh, and a set of headphones and SD card!

I've coveted the 7135 since it was first announced, and the 6035 before that. Finally I have the converged device I've always dreamed of.

Just for curiousity, how do you define "brand new in box"?

I bought a wireless keyboard (Micro Innovations TKB680PK) on eBay that was described as brand new in box only to find that the plastic casing had been cut open and carefully retaped. I was able to remove everything without enlarging the whole. Everything was in the package and no visible wear and tear on anything.

It seems to work OK some of the time but I've also had some difficulty getting the IR link to work too. Probably just a positioning issue - but it still seems leaves a shadow of a doubt that it might have been defective.

I know I would not have bid as much for an "opened but like new" keyboard but that just seems a lot more accurate. The seller says that it was a display unit and his staffer only opened the package to confirm everything was in there but this seems odd.

What do you more veteran eBay'ers think? Does this warrant a "neutral" rating or am I going overboard? (The guy has 99.9% positive ratings and seems to be very determined to defend his high scores but did not think anything was wrong with his description.)

PS. Hard to believe our 7135 is still commanding such a premium!

Never Forget 9/11/01 kerryclair's Avatar
    dctucker - HOME RUN MAN!!!!!!!

Never Forget 9/11/01 kerryclair's Avatar
    Prof - I am kinda with you. If it looks new though, I dunno, I probably would not make a big deal out of it...but it still feels "wrong" somehow. Maybe email the guy and talk to HIM about it? If he's willing to defend his rating so much, maybe he'll refund some bucks to you to appease you....