+ Reply to Thread
    Never Forget 9/11/01 kerryclair's Avatar

Leather Cases/Holders +

Does anyone know where I can buy a nice leather cover for my 7135 that does NOT come with the ugly nob on it (for the clip that would attach to your belt). Many of us women have absolutely no use for that darn belt clip but the genuine leather Kyocera case that I bought has the plastic do-hickey on teh back for the plastic clip to attach to. This thing raises teh width of the phone/case combo by about a half an inch, just high enough that I can't fit it into my phone "slot" on my pocket book.

I've looked everywhere and either the leather cases are "leather-ette looking" or they have this same plastic thing. I can't even remove it because the stretchy band is held in place by the darn thang.

OK, OK, inthe great scheme of things, this is a little minor annoyance over-all for a GREAT phone/pda...but if anyone can direct me to a place to get one I'd be eternally grateful.

For that matter is there any sort of case or bag that would hold the phone, the keyboard, my little add-on camera and attachments all in one?

K.

case for 7135

I did a Google search for "Kyocera 7135 leather case pouch" without the quotes and came up with quite a few hits. I only looked at the first one, which is http://www.tuff-as-nuts.com/cellphon..._201-202.html# and it looks as if you can order it without any belt clip or anything like that. Actually, it appears that you can design your own. I can understand your frustration, somewhat. My wife has recently jumped into the PDA world (she still doesn't see the need for a device like our beloved 7135 though!) and she wanted a nice case for her Tungsten E without it being so masculine or too "girly" as she put it. I bought her a really nice Covertec case (she wanted the option of a belt clip to use her PDA as an MP3 player when she wated), but unfortunately, Covertec hasn't seen fit to make a case or pouch for our device. Too bad, the Covertec is such high quality, my wife and I were both shocked at how nice it is. Anyway, I hope this helps. Good luck.

FirstTimeer - hey that was really nice of you!! Thank you!
    For some reason i didn't think to do a global search via google, i was sticking to known cellular sites, ebay, verizon and Kyocera sites looking for something.

Thanks a lot for a slap on the knoggin!
    That site is great - just what I wanted really - to design my own!

Kerry

I hate the leather holster from Kyocera. I wanted more protection for my phone so I got the leather holster.

That knob that you detest is the reason for my loathing..... but from the oposite point of view. I want the "knob" so I CAN hang the phone from my belt. The problem is that knob eventually works its way loose and comes out, rendering it useless (for me).

If you want my old case without the knob, let me know. I probobly have 3 of them.

SmartDevil - but without the knob, doesn't the elastic stap also come out? It looks like the knob holds the elastic on as well! I guess that is not true, since you say it comes off and don't imply any other issues...

Sure, let me try one of your old cases - I LIKE the case, just not the knob......I'll pay for shipping of course - do you have a paypal account?

Kerry