+ Reply to Thread

Possible? (I hope)

Does anyone know of a way to get a Kyocera 7135 with Easy-edge activated to somehow get Internet access? I know Easy Edge is a BREW app, but I read some post that someone activated Easy Edge on their account & was able to surf the web. (Not concerned about the BREW apps, just Internet access) I also remember the poster saying something about US Cellular does not allow Easy Edge to be activated on 7135 accounts, so his experience was short, because it was turned off as soon as US Cellular found out about the Easy-edge activation on a 7135.
    I performed a forum search & could not find the post I remembered reading. My Rep has told me that it is not possible, but he did activate it on my account anyway.
    (He also has a 7135, so would like to know how to make it work!)

Any Help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thank you in advance.

TL

Follow-up....

I was able to get Easyedge access added to my account. (I know someone @ USCC). (Free for 2 months @ 10mb

I can not access any "network" recources. (via all Browsers)

It displays:

Initilizing
    Signing on (Book displayed)
    Signing on (Two hands)
    Then I get a "error: authentication failure (0x1233)"

My Network settings are:

Service: U.S. Cellular
    Username: xxxxxxxxxx@uscc.net (x=10 digit phone number)
    Password: (Same as cell number)
    Connection: Wireless Modem
    Phone: #777

Any clue what the problem might be???

Thank you for your help!

TL

USCC does not yet support data for anything other than BREW. Unless you are logging in to access BREW, you will get that. They should be rolling out regular data access soon, and the method you are using will be the same.

To get a log of my connection:

From the Palm Desktop I tap Prefs PDA. In the upper right of the Preferences application, I tap the dropdown menu and choose Network. For me, Express Network is the Service and Wireless Modem is the Connection type. I tap the connect button at the bottom of the screen. The popup dialog is live and shows what is happening. Then the connect button turns into a disconnect button. I tap the menu button on the graffiti input area to open the Preferences menu and tap Options:View Log. I am attempting to attach vzwlog.txt.

1) When my VZW service was first set up, they fairly well goofed the job. Here is my interpretation of what they told me. In putting the pieces back together, they first set up the network switch to accept a connection from my device. I think this is the LCP part of the log. But I received exactly the same authentication error that you are receiving. VZW then set my account up on their authentication server. I'm thinking this is the CHAP (challenge handshake authentication protocol) part of the log. They said the "software" was supposed to take care of these details automagically. Since then Life Is Good. Customer Service and Tech have been flawless in all of this.

2) I am beginning to accept the fact that some do not believe me. On that first day of EasyEdge, early in the morning, my connect button did indeed turn into the disconnect button. I did not know that I should have preserved the log of that connection for posterity, because it will surely never happen again. Even USCC says it works if you have ten or more lines on a business account: http://easyedge.uscc.com/easyedge/jsp/bs_pcpda_sol.jsp
    . Draw you own conclusions about how USCC is dealing with ordinary customers.

in my humble opinion
    just my two cents worth
    my medication is starting to take effect
    laugh out loud

HoTSynC, your timing was a little off: please swoop in now.
    Attached Files

My statement stands, I work with them daily, and data for anything other than BREW will not work unless you get someone high up to put you on the trial.

Question

In my log, CHAP authentication failed.

How do you turn off CHAP?

The rest of the log was about the same until the Chap failed.

Maybe turning off CHAP would help??

Crain: Thanks for the link...I have e-mailed it to my Rep for comment....He also has a 7135.

TL