+ Reply to Thread

Thread: .qcn ignorance

.qcn ignorance

G-day,

If there some information regarding the functionality of the PRI / .qcn file?

I bought a 7135 from a US Cellular user, and upgraded it to SZ 29 & MZ 44 and activated it on Verizon. I deleted the US Cellular logo, and stumbled my way to internet connectivity. However, the PRI is still 7135_USC_MX1044_P05.qcn. Do I benefit from a Verizon version?

What does this file do? Is it available?

I'm a little dissappointed with the internet connect speed. I asked Verizon to put me on the 'EN' network some time ago - the type that does not cost premium but uses your minutes. Is there something here that Verizon offers that US Cellular does not & file settings can make a difference?

Cheers - Ralph

Is this .qcn a forbidden topic? Or just out there?

One pain I've discovered is that the old carrier setting take over when changing batteries.

The .qcn is the file that was used by your carrier to load the non-volitale (sp) memory of the phone. The file name is completly meaningless. Once your phone is programmed on Verizon, the Verizon settings replace the US Cellular settings in your .qcn, so there is no benefit in loading a new one, unless you like re-programming your phone from scratch.....

Alan

It seems that when I changed the battery, some annoying US Cellular settings took back over.

If I can upload the Verizon qcn, then I will do it sometime. Is such a file posted or can someone PM it to me?

Does the service programming provide for loading this?

Ralph

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    I believe the QCN file contains ESN number information for each device. If someone sends you their QCN file, you may essentially get their ESN number. Not a good idea!
    Michael